- Volume 64 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Comparison of Electromagnetic Force Characteristics and Experiment of Pitching Moment in Permanent Magnet Linear Synchronous Motor According to the Moving Iron Core and Stator Topology
철심형 이동자와 고정자의 형상에 따른 영구자석 선형 동기전동기의 전자기력 특성 비교 및 피칭 모멘트 실험
- Lee, Seung-Han (Dept. of Electric, Electronic and Comm. Eng. Edu. Chungnam National University) ;
- Cho, Han-Wook (Dept. of Electric, Electronic and Comm. Eng. Edu. Chungnam National University) ;
- Khim, Gyungho (Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials) ;
- Oh, Jeong-Seok (Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials)
- Received : 2015.10.30
- Accepted : 2015.11.27
- Published : 2015.12.01
This paper presents the characteristic analysis and experiment of force characteristics in permanent magnet linear synchronous motor for accuracy prediction of linear motion machine tools. In particular, the pitching moment resulting from attraction force ripple has been analysed and tested. Firstly, we analysed the characteristics of detent force, attraction force, and pitching moment in permanent magnet linear synchronous motor according to the design techniques such as auxiliary teeth, chamfering, and permanent magnet skewing. In addition, we suggested the experimental set for measurement of pitching moment. Finally, the results from measurement shows the good agreement with those obtained from finite element analysis results.
Permanent magnet linear synchronous motor;Detent force;Attraction force;Pitching moment
Grant : 기계장비 정밀도 시뮬레이션 플랫폼 기술개발
Supported by : 한국기계연구원
- David L. Trumper, Won-Jong Kim, Mark E. Williams, "Design and analysis framework for linear permanentmagnet machines," IEEE Trans. Indust. Applicat., vol.32, no.2, pp.371-379, Mar./Apr. 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.491486
- Seung-Kook Ro, Jong-Kweon Park, "Development of a miniature air-bearing stage with a moving-magnet linear motor," International Journal of Precision Eng. and Manufacturing, vol.9, no.1, pp.19-24, Jan. 2008.
- Roberto Leidhold, Perter Mutschler, "Speed sensorless control of a ling-stator linear synchronous motor arranged in multiple segments," IEEE Trans. Indust. Electronics, vol.54, no.6, pp.3246-3254, Dec. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2007.905941
- J. F. Gieras, Z. J. Piech, "Linear synchronous motors, transportation and automation systems," CRC Press LLC, 2000.
- C. H. Park, S. K. Choi, S. Y. Ham, S. H. Baek, J. S Oh, "Design of Cogging force and moment measurement system for linear motors using magnetic levitation," Proc. of KSPE Spring Conference, pp.1019-1020, 2010.
- Masaya Inoue, Kenji Sato, "An approach to a suitable stator length for minimizing the detent force of permanent magnet linear synchronous motors," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol.36, no.4, pp.1890-1893, July 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.877814
- Yu-Wu Zhu, Dae-Hyun Koo, Yun-Hyun Cho, "Detent force minimization of permanent magnet linear synchronous motor by means of two different methods," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol.44, no.11, pp.4345-4348, Nov. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2008.2001320
- Chunyuan Liu, Haitao Yu, Minqiang Hu, Qiang Liu, Shigui Zhou, "Detent force reduction in permanent magnet tubular linear generator for direct-driver wave energy conversion," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol.49, no.5, pp.1913-1916, May 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2013.2242873
- Ki-Chae Lim, Joon-Keun Woo, Gyu-Hong Kang, Jung-Pyo Hong, Gyu-Tak Kim, "Detent force minimization techniques in permanent magnet linear synchronous motors," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol.38, no.2, pp.1157-1160, Mar. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.996296
- Yu-wu Zhu, Sang-Gun Lee, Koon-Seok Chung, Yun-Hyun Cho, "Investigation of Auxiliary Poles Design Criteria on Reduction of End Effect of Detent Force for PMLSM," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol.45, no.6, pp.2863-2866, June. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2009.2018778
- Yu-Wu Zhu, Sang-Min Jin, Koon-Seok Chung, Yun-Hyun Cho, "Control-Based Reduction of Detent Force for Permanent Magnet Linear Synchronous Motor," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol.45, no.6, pp.2827-2830, June. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2009.2018681
- Mingyi Wang, Liyi Li, Donghua Pan, "Detent Force Compensation for PMLSM Systems Based on Structural Design and Control Method Combination," IEEE Trans. Indust. Electronics, vol.62, no.11, pp.6845-6854, Nov. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2015.2443096
- C. F. Wang, J. X. Shen, "A Method to Segregate Detent Force Components in Permanent-Magnet Flux-Switching Linear Machines," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol.48, no.5, pp.1948-1955, May. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2011.2177852
- Seok-Myeong Jang, Sung-Ho Lee, In-Ki Yoon, "Design criteria for detent force reduction of permanentmagnet linear synchronous motors with Halbach array," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol.38, no.5, pp.3261-3263, Sep. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2002.802129
- Can-Fei Wang, Jian-Xin Shen, Yu Wang, Li-Li Wang, Meng-Jia Jin, "A New Method for Reduction of Detent Force in Permanent Magnet Flux-Switching Linear Motors," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol.45, no.6, pp.2843-2846, June. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2009.2018689
- Sung-An Kim, Yu-Wu Zhu, Sang-Geon Lee, Subrato Saha, Yun-Hyun Cho, "Electromagnetic normal force characteristics of a permanent magnet linear synchronous motor with double primary side," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol.50, no.1, 4001204, Jan. 2014.
- T. T. Overboom, J. P. C. Smeets, J. W. Jansen, E. A. Lomonova, "Semianalytical calculation of the torque in a linear permanent magnet motor with finite yoke length," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol.48, no.11, pp.3575-3578, Nov. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2012.2197602
- S. Y Jung, "Characteristic Analysis and Design of Steel-Cored Permanent Magnet Linear Synchronous Motor For High Thrust Force," Ph.D. thesis, Seoul National University, 2003.