- Volume 64 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Control of a Toroidal Type Rotor with a Magnetic Bearing Structure for the Gyro Actuator
자이로 구동기를 위한 자기베어링 구조의 토로이달 형 회전자 제어
- Jou, Sung-Tak (Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Ajou University) ;
- Lee, Kyo-Beum (Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Ajou University)
- Received : 2015.07.16
- Accepted : 2015.11.27
- Published : 2015.12.01
This paper deals with the position and torque control of a toroidal type rotor which has a magnetic bearing structure. The proposed magnetic bearing structure supports the rotor by the repulsive forces of permanent magnets, and has a two degree of freedom for rotor position when the rotor is rotating. Permanent magnets and coils in the stator allow for a two degree of freedom control of the rotor position and torque generation by reacting with permanent magnets of the rotor. The executed gyro actuator has a number of poles such as five-phase permanent magnet motors and 10 stator coils for the rotor position control. In this study, the verification of the stability of the magnetic bearing was conducted using the equation of motion when the rotor was rotating, and the coil current commutation method for the position control and torque generation was studied. As a result, the feasibility of the proposed structure and control was verified by simulations of Finite Element Method (FEM) and experiments using the executed gyro actuator.
- W. Y. Jang, S. W. Rhee, and H. J. Kwon, "Development of 0.6Nm small CMG hardware and performance test", Journal of The Koran Society for Aeronautical & Space Sciences, Vol. 38, No. 9, pp. 933-942, Aug. 2010. https://doi.org/10.5139/JKSAS.2010.38.9.933
- K. Y. Yi, and M. O. Kwon, "An attitude control and stabilization of an unstructured object using CMG subsystem", The transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, Vol. 49 No. 8, pp. 459-466, Oct. 2000.
- K. H. Kim, J. H. Kim, S. G. Kim, and B. H. Cho, "Structure & control of positioning control system for underwater robot using gyro", The conference of the Korean Institute of Power Electronics, pp. 657-660, Jul. 2000.
- H. S. Myung, H. Z. Lee, J. O. Park, H. C. Bang, S. H. Oh, and K. L. Yong, "Analytic modeling of control moment gyros", Journal of The Koran Society for Aeronautical & Space Sciences, Vol. 35, No. 7, pp. 640-646, Jul. 2007. https://doi.org/10.5139/JKSAS.2007.35.7.640
- S. S. Mo, S. Y. Yoo, J. P. Lee, Y. H. Han, S. K. Choi, S. W. Oh, and M. G. Noh, "Magnetic levitation design for 100kWh class flywheel energy storage system", The conference of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers, pp. 7-12, Nov. 2006.
- H. U. Shin, S. T. Jou, and K. B. Lee, M. Y. Han, "Design of a troidal type gyro using repulsive power of permanent magnet and coriolis effect", The transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, Vol. 64 No. 5, pp. 694-700, May. 2015. https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2015.64.5.694
- Martin D. Simon, Lee O. Heflinger, and S. L. Ridgway, "Spin stabilized magnetic levitation", Journal of physics, Vol. 65, No. 4, pp. 286-292, Apr. 1997.
- H. M. Ryu, J. W. Kim, and S. K. Sul, "Synchronous frame current control of multi-phase synchronous motor", Industry Applications Conference, pp. 56-63, pp. 268-275, 2004.