- Volume 64 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Power Density Characteristics Analysis and Design of Magnetic Gear according to Speed for Drive Train of 10MW Offshore Wind Turbine
10MW급 해상풍력발전기 드라이브 트레인을 위한 마그네틱 기어의 속도별 설계 및 출력밀도 특성분석
- Kim, Chan-Ho (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Chosun University) ;
- Kim, Yong-Jae (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Chosun University)
- Received : 2015.10.22
- Accepted : 2015.11.13
- Published : 2015.12.01
The diameter of the rotor of 2MW wind turbine is being developed by a number of companies with more than 80m, reliability and economic efficiency of the wind power generator has been improved. The need for large-scale wind turbine with excellent economy has been attracting attention because the new orders and the location of the wind turbine market has reached a limit. Technology development for enlargement of wind turbine is possible not only the improvement of energy efficiency but also reduce the construction costs per unit capacity. However, mechanical gearboxes used in wind generators have problems of wear, damage, need for lubrication oil and maintenance. Therefore, we want to configure the gearbox of a large-scale wind turbine using a magnetic gear in order to solve these problems of mechanical gearbox.
Wind turbine gearbox;Magnetic gear;Transfer torque;Non-contact power transmission
Supported by : 기초전력연구원
- K. Atallah and D. Howe, "A novel high-performance magnetic gear," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 2844-2846, Jul. 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.951324
- K. Atallah, S.D.Calverley, and D.Howe, "High-performance magnetic gear", J. Magn. Magn. Mater., vol. 272-276, sup. 1, pp. E1727-1729, May. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmmm.2003.12.520
- A. Abdel-Khalik, S. Ahmed, A. Massoud, and A. Elserougi, "Magnetic gearbox with an electric power output port and fixed speed ratio for wind energy applications," in Proc. 20th Int. Conf. Elect. Mach. (ICEM), pp. 702-708, Sep. 2012.
- G. Q. Bao, K. F. Mao. "A wind energy conversion system with field modulated magnetic gear," In Proceedings of the Power and Energy Engineering Conference, IEEE, Wuhan, China, pp. 1-4, 2011.
- N. W. Frank, S. Pakdelian, and H. A. Toliyat, "Passive suppression of transient oscillations in the concentric planetary magnetic gear," IEEE Trans. Energy Convers., vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 933-939, Sep. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2011.2143715
- L. Jian, K. T. Chau, and J. Z. Jiang, "A magneticgeared outer-rotor permanent-magnet brushless machine for wind power generation," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 954-962, May/Jun. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2009.2018974