- Volume 64 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Transfer Alignment Method considering a Data Latency Compensation for an Inertial Navigation System in High Dynamic Applications
고기동 환경에서 관성항법장치의 시간지연 보상 전달정렬 기법
- Lee, Hyung-Sub (Agency for Defence Development) ;
- Han, Kyung-Jun (Agency for Defence Development) ;
- Lee, Sang-Woo (Agency for Defence Development) ;
- Yu, Myung-Jong (Agency for Defence Development)
- Received : 2015.09.18
- Accepted : 2015.10.22
- Published : 2015.12.01
An improved transfer alignment method for a strap-down inertial navigation system (SDINS) is presented here. The alignment accuracy in conventional method is vulnerable to the data latency of a Master INS (MINS) in high maneuverable platforms. We propose a time delay compensation equation considering higher-order terms in the attitude measurement equation of the Kalman filter. The equation incorporates additional information including angular rate, angular acceleration and linear acceleration from the MINS. Simulation results show that the transfer alignment accuracy is significantly improved in the high dynamic environment by incorporating the latency compensation technique.
Measurement time delay;Transfer alignment;Angular acceleration;Acceleration
- D. H. Titterton and J. L. Weston, Strapdown Inertial Navigation Technology, Peter Peregrinus Ltd., 1997.
- K. W. Song, C. B. Jeon, J. Lyou, "A Transfer Alignment Algorithm Using Velocity and Quaternion Partial Matching Methods", Journal of control, automation and systems engineering, vol.3, no.3, 1997.6, pp. 238-243
- C. J. Kim, J. Lyou, "Comparison Technique of Measurement Time Delay in Transfer Alignment Using the Double Moving Window Buffer", Journal of the KIMST, vol.14, no.4, 2011.8, pp. 684-693.
- C. J. Park, M. J. Yu, S. J. Lee, "Transfer Alignment with Adaptive Filter Estimation Time Delay", Journal of the KSAS, vol.36, no.11, 2008.11, pp. 1079-1086.
- J. Lyou, Y. C. Lim, "Transfer Alignment Considering Measurement Time Delay and Ship Body Flexure", Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol.23, 2009, pp. 195-203 https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-008-0821-y
- R. G. Brown and Patrick T. C. Hwang, "Introduction to Random Signals and Applied Kalman Filtering 3rd edition", John Wiley & Sons Inc., 1997
- D. Goshen-meskin, I. Y. Bar-itzhack, "A Unified Approach To Inertial Navigation System Error Modeling", AIAA-90-3367-CP, 1990.
- K. W. Song, C. B. Jeon, H. B. Kim, "Performance Comparison of the Transfer Alignment Systems using Attitude Matching", The 7th precision guided missile conference, 1997, pp. 97-101.
- K. W. Song, "Realization of a SDINS Transfer Alignment Algorithm and Performance Evaluation using FMS", Journal of the KIMST, 2001, pp. 60-69
- K. R. Britting, Inertial Navigation Systems Analysis, John Wiley & Sons Inc., 1971