- Volume 64 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Solar Tracking Performance using a Heliostat and Uniform Irradiation of LED Light for a Plant Factory
식물공장의 헬리오스탯을 이용한 태양광 추적성능 및 LED 균일광 조사
- Koo, Kyung-Wan (Dept. of Defense Science Technology, Hoseo University) ;
- Kim, Tae-Jin (Smartsystec Inc.) ;
- Kim, Youngshik (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Hanbat National University) ;
- Ryu, Bong-Jo (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Hanbat National University)
- Received : 2015.10.07
- Accepted : 2015.11.16
- Published : 2015.12.01
This paper deals with the solar tracking performance using a small heliostat, the light reduction rate of the sun light, and the performance of uniform irradiation of LED light for a plant factory. A high precision encoder is attached to the heliostat to improve tracking accuracy. As a result, our heliostat-based solar tracking systems track efficiently the movement of the sun light in experimental tests. The reduction rate of the sun light in the plant factory is then measured by using an illumination sensor. The average reduction rate is 4.29%, which represents lower light reduction rates. In uniform irradiation tests of LED light, sixteen points are measured, and overall deviations of irradiation were within eight percents.
Solar tracking performance;Heliostat;Plant factory;Light reduction rate;Uniform light irradiation of LED
- J. S. An, N. E. Heo, I. H. Kim, "Design of Sun Tracker System for Solar Power Generation", Proceedings of the KIEE CICS Conference, pp. 330-332, 2006.
- B. G. Min, B. H. Kim, Y. J. Lim, Y. O. Choi, G. B. Cho, H. L. Baek and S. W. Kim, "Solar Tracking System by One-Sensor Type", Proceedings of the KIEE EMECS Autumn Annual Conference, pp.180-181, 2008.
- M. G. Jang, J. S. Ko, J. S. Choi, J. W. Back, S. J. Kang and D. H. Chung, "Comparison Study of PV Tracking System with Sensor and Program Method", Proceedings of the KIEE Spring Conference, pp. 222-224, 2009.
- S.J. Oh, Y. S. Cho, Y. J. Lee and W. G. Chun, "Development of the Solar Tracking System with High Accuracy by using LabView", Proceedings of the Korean Solar Energy Society Spring Annual Conference, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 31-36, 2009.
- J. S. Choi J. S. Ko and D. H. Chung, "Development of a Novel Tracking for Efficiency Improvement of PV System with Sensor Method" The Transactions of The Korean Institute Electrical Engineers, Vol. 59, No. 10, pp. 1823-1831, 2010.
- M. H. Seo, Y. S. Kim, J. W. Hong, H. J. Lee, S. K. Park and S. H. Kim, "Research of the PV Tracking System", Journal of the Korea Academia Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 11, No. 8, pp. 2951-2957, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.8.2951
- J. H. Han, S. C. Ryu, J. H. Yoon, J. H. Jung, B. J. Kim and S. K. Park, "A Study for the Passive Daylighting using the Various Shapes of the Reflectors and Arrays", Proceedings of the Korean Solar Energy Society Autumn Annual Conference, Vol. 30, No. 2, pp. 295-302, 2010.
- K. S. Kim, G. H. Kang, G. J. Yu and S. G. Yoon, "Performance Measurement Method of Several Types of Photovoltaic Module Depending on Efficiency", Journal of the Korean Solar Energy Society, Vol. 31, No. 1, pp. 93-99, 2011. https://doi.org/10.7836/kses.2011.31.1.093
- Y. K. Choo, M. J. Kim, D. K. Ryu and S. O. Chung, "Study on Propose of Optimum Light about Plant Factory LED Layout", Proceedings of the Korea Society for Agricultural Machinery Autumn Annual Conference, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 107-108, 2013.
- S. J. Kwak, S. K. Lee, E. J. Kwak, J. W. Han, S. K. Lee, T. H. Kang and W. Kim, "Growth Characteristics of Lettuce by Different Intensity of Light Source with UV LED in Plant Factory", Proceedings of the Korea Society for Agricultural Machinery Autumn Annual Conference, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 175-176, 2014.
- J. W. Han, T. H. Kang, and S. K. Lee, Chung Su Han and Woong Kim, "System Design and Performance Analysis of a Variable Frequency LED Light System for Plant Factory", Journal of Biosystems Engineering, Vol. 39, No. 2, pp. 87-95. 2014. https://doi.org/10.5307/JBE.2014.39.2.087