- Volume 64 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on Propulsion Control Device Characteristics of Small-scale Electric Railway Vehicle according to Driving Curve Tracking using Fuel Cell Generation System
연료전지 발전시스템을 이용한 축소형 철도차량의 운전곡선 추종에 따른 추진제어장치 특성 고찰
- Jung, No-Geon (Dept. of Transportation System Engineering, Korea National University of Transportation) ;
- Chang, Sang-Hoon (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Jae-Moon (Dept. of Transportation System Engineering, Graduate School of Transportation, Korea National University of Transportation)
- Received : 2015.10.08
- Accepted : 2015.11.18
- Published : 2015.12.01
The study in railway system to apply a fuel cell system with high efficiency and mobility than other renewable energy is being actively conducted. It is needed a analysis on load characteristics and control method of rolling stock in order to apply to rolling stock. This paper presents study on control small-scale prototype power converter electric railway vehicle using fuel cell generation system. Experiment is conducted through real fuel cell generation system and reference speed applying the driving curve of the actual electric railway vehicle was applied. Also, output voltage of boost converter is controlled considering characteristic of fuel cell. And it was confirmed characteristic according to powering and regeneration of inverter.
- Shim, Joong-pyo et al, "Application and the principle of hydrogen fuel cell of a new renewable energy source", KIEE of plan series, Vol. 61, No. 11, pp. 15-22, 2012.
- Kim, Hyun-il, "A study on Dynamic Model Development for PEMFC and Liquid Water Exhaust Characteristics in Cathode Flow Channels", Master's degree paper, p.7, 2009.
- Arnold R. Miller, "Fuel cell Hybrid Locomotives : Applications and Benefits", Joint Rail Conference, 2006.
- Kris S. Hess, "Demonstration of a hydrogen fuel cell locomotive", APTA 2010 rail conference, 2010.
- Kim, Seung-Min et al, "The Controller of Bi-directional DC-DC Converter for a Fuel Cell Energy Storage System", The spring conference of the korean solar energy society, Vol. 32, No. 1, pp. 222-227, 2012.
- Eui-Cheol Nho, Power Electronics, 3th edition, Munundang publishing company, 2011.
- No-Geon Jung, Jae-Moon kim et al, "Response Characteristic Analysis using Modeling of Propulsion System for 8200 Electric Locomotive", The Transactions of KIEE, Vol 62, No. 11, pp. 1640-1646, 2013.