- Volume 64 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Auxiliary Power Unit Control Algorithm for Input Voltage Disturbance Suppression
입력 급변 대응을 위한 철도 차량용 보조전원장치 외란 억제 알고리즘 구현
- Kim, Ji-Chan (R & D Department, Daejeon Metropolitan Express Transit Corporation) ;
- Baek, Seoung-Gil (Rolling Stock Team, Daejeon Metropolitan Express Transit Corporation) ;
- Cha, Hanju (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2015.09.04
- Accepted : 2015.11.20
- Published : 2015.12.01
The railway vehicle has an auxiliary power unit for supplying power to the associated electronic control devices and passenger service unit. Typically, input voltage from the catenary for rolling stock is highly fluctuating according to the substation capacity, vehicle propulsion and regeneration. Especially, the frost and freezing on contact wire in winter can cause a blackout inside vehicle, and also brings about electronic components damaging and the system down. To prevent this problem, a large filter and capacitor is used. But this is not a perfect solution, because it is increasing weight of the unit. In this paper, a new algorithm is proposed to suppress the disturbance without adding devices. Simulation and experimental results show that the proposed algorithm has performance to suppress the disturbance at the sudden input voltage variations.
Auxiliary power unit;Input variation;Disturbance suppression
- S. Mine, Y. Yonehata, M. Shigennobu and M. Yano, "The Auxiliary Power Supply for Rolling Stock", IPEC-Tokyo. pp. 1309-1320, 1983.
- J. C. Kim, H. J. Cha, "Auxiliary Power Supply Control Method Robust to Sudden Input Voltage Variation", KIEE Summer Conference, pp. 991-992, 2014.
- K. B. LEE, "Efficiency Improvement of Operation for Magnetic levitation vehicle system through Resonant converter Optimization", phD Thesis, Chungnam Nationl University. 2013.
- S. Hamada, M. Nakaoka, "A novel Zero-Voltage and Zero-Current Switching PWM DC-Dc Converter with Reduced Conduction Losses", IEEE APEC, 2002.
- B. Davis, "Advanced Rail Weather Information: Weather monitoring and prediction for the rail sector", Vaisala News Vol. 168, pp. 20-22, 2005.
- W. Huang and J. A. A. Qahouq, "DC-DC Power Converter with a Modified Control Scheme to Improve Load Transient Response", Telecommunications Energy Conference (INTELEC), pp. 1-4, 2012.
- Gandhimathi. C, "DC-Dc Converter with improved light load efficiency and transient response", Communications and Signal Processing(ICCSP), pp. 176-180, 2013.
- M. k. Kazimierczuk and A. Massarini, "Feedforward Control of DC-DC PWM Boost Converter", IEEE Transactions on Circuits AND Systems-I : Fundamental Theory and Applications, Vol. 44, pp. 143-148, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/81.554332
- C. Gezgin, "A Transient Prediction and Stability Analysis Tool for DC-DC Converters", Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition, pp. 1014-1020 Vol.2. 2003.
- Energy savings by light-weighting. final report. JFEU, 2003.
- J. M. Jo, Y. J. Han, C. Y. Lee, J. H. Lee, "Development of Lightweight Auxiliary Power Supply using the Resonant DC/DC Converter for Maglev", pp. 1115-1120, 2013.
- H. K. Shin, J. H Cho, H. C. Shin, J. B. Kim, S. K. Baek, G. B. Lee, "Study on the weight Reduction of Auxiliary Power Supply System for Electric Railway Vehicles", Power Electronics Annual Conference, pp. 174-175, 2012. 7.
- K. B. Lee, J. Y. Lim, J. M. Jo, J. S. Kim, Y. J. Han, S. H. Choi, "Study on the resonant HF DC/DC Converter for the weight reduction of the Auxiliary Power Supply of MAGLEV", Fall Conference of the Korean Society for railway, pp. 1825-1831, 2011.