- Volume 19 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Development of Solid Reference Electrode and Remote Protection Potential Measuring System
고체기준전극 및 원격전위측정 시스템 개발에 관한 연구
- Received : 2015.05.19
- Accepted : 2015.06.15
- Published : 2015.06.28
For buried gas pipelines, cathodic protection system shall be installed to protect against corrosion. The surveys of pipe-to-soil potentials for the gas pipelines should be carried out at the test box more than once a year. In urban, the test box is usually located on the driveway, therefore, it is difficult to measure the potentials. That is, traffic control is needed when carrying out the measurements of the potentials on daytime, or measurements of pipe-to-soil potentials at the test box located on the driveway have to be carried out in the late night when the traffic is light. We have developed remote potential monitoring system using the solid reference electrode and the wireless communication technology for the purpose of removing above problems. We have installed the developed solid reference electrodes at a site and monitored the potentials by wireless communication. Measured potential values were transferred to the server in office and analyzed. We have found the pipe-to-soil potentials transferred to the web server make no difference to the potentials measured directly on the site.
cathodic protection system;remote monitoring system;solid reference electrode
- KGS FS551 Facility/Technical/Inspection/Safety Diagnosis Code for Pipes Outside of Producing and Supplying Places of Urban Gas Business, 2015
- KGS GC202 Code for Cathodic Protection of Gas Facilities, 2009
- Jin-Jun Kim, Min-Sung Seo and Dong-Kyun Kim, "A Study on Development of Cathodic Protection on Underground Pipeline Measuring System", KIGAS, Vol 18, No. 5, 66-71, 2014
- KGS, Cathodic protection inspection and work handling guidelines
- KETE, "Development of solid reference electrode and testing system for cathodic protection of underground pipelines based on IoT", 2013
- ANSI/NACE Standard RP0104-2004 Item No. 21105: Standard Recommended Practice, The Use of Coupons for Cathodic Protection Monitoring Applications
- ISO 15589-1 Petroleum and natural gas industries- anodic protection of pipeline transportation systems -Part 1: On-land pipelines
- NACE RP 0169 - Control of External Corrosion on Underground or Submerged Metallic Piping Systems.
- KGS, "Direct Assessment Method for Buried Pipeline External Corrosion", 2011.
Supported by : 산업통산자원부