- Volume 21 Issue 6
The Influences of Entrepreneurial Self-Efficacy, Work Value, and Entrepreneurial Service on the Entrepreneurial Intention of Coffee Shop Founders
창업자기능감, 일가치 및 창업지원서비스가 창업의도에 미치는 영향 - 커피전문점 창업을 중심으로 -
- Koo, Ji-Eun (Dept. of Hotel & Tourism Management, Dongguk University) ;
- Chun, Byung-Gil (Dept. of Hotel & Tourism Management, Dongguk University)
- Received : 2015.08.11
- Accepted : 2015.12.01
- Published : 2015.12.31
This study was performed to empirically verify how the degree of entrepreneurial self-efficacy, the degree of work value which each founder gains from starting a shop, and the degree of usefulness perception of the entrepreneurial service given by the public sector influence founder's entrepreneurial intentions. The degree of entrepreneurial self-efficacy and internal work value was found to influence entrepreneurial intentions. In addition, would-be coffee shop founders' usefulness perception of entrepreneurial service had an impact on entrepreneurial intention. The results of this study could allow a wider understaning of what factors influence entrepreneurial intentions of a coffee shop founder and the importance of governmental support(education, funding, skills, and management).
- 매일경제신문. 2012. "자영업 절반 3년 내 망하는 현실 기가 막힌다". 10월 10일 사설.
- 연합뉴스. 2015. "자영업은 월급쟁이의 무덤". 10월 5일자 기사.
- Aspen Institute (2000). Fostering entrepreneurship through training and technical assistance. Field Forum 4.
- Boyd N, Vozikis G (1994). The influence of selfefficacy on the development entrepreneurial intentions and actions. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice Summer:63-77.
- Cox L, Mueller S, Moss S (2002). The impact of entrepreneurship education on entrepreneurial self-efficacy. International Journal of Entrepreneurship Education 1(2):286-299.
- Ginzberg, E (1972). Toward a theory of occupational choice: A restaurant. Vocational Guidance Quarterly 20:169-176.
- Hackman JR, Oldham GR (1974). Motivation through the design of work: Test of a theory. Technical report, No. 6, Department of Administrative Science Yale University.
- Jun SW (2009). The effect of individualities, environmental traits, and entrepreneurship education on the entrepeneurship intention. MS Thesis, Pusan National University.
- Kalleberg AL (1977). Work values and job rewards: A theory of job satisfaction. American Sociological Review 42:124-143. https://doi.org/10.2307/2117735
- Kalleberg AL, Reynolds J, Marsden PV (2003). Externalizing employment: Flexible staffing arrangements in U.S. organizations. Social Science Research 32(4):525-552. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0049-089X(03)00013-9
- Kim MS, Kim YG (2012). Effects of individual trait, educational, organizational factors on entrepreneurial intentions in tourism college students: The mediating effects of entrepreneurial self-efficacy. J of Foodservice Management 15(4):61-84.
- Ko DW, Chun BG (2002). The concept and measurement scale of job-esteem : The case of undergraduates majoring tourism studies. J of Tourism Sciences 26(3):279-297.
- Krueger NF, Brazeal DV (1994). Entrepreneurial potential and potential entrepreneurs. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice 18(3):91-104.
- Lee HT, Jing J (2013). The effects of Chinese college student''s individual and environmental characteristics on entrepreneurial intention for distribution area. Korea Research Academy of Distribution Information 16(6):133-143.
- Lee JW (2000). Individual characteristics and entrepreneurial intentions. Asia Pacific J of Small Business 22(1):121-146.
- Lee SK, Cho CB, Chae GJ (2012). The relationship of the work career, psychological characteristic factor and entrepreneurial intention in the hotel cooks. J of Foodservice Management 15(4): 257-275.
- Lussier RN (1995). A startup business success advice from business owners to would-be entrepreneurs. SAM Advanced Management Journal 60(1):10-13.
- McGee LE, Peterson M, Mueller SL, Sequeira JM (2009). Entrepreneurial self-efficacy: Refining the measure. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice 33(4):965-988. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-6520.2009.00304.x
- Nord WR, Brief AP, Aeith JM, Doherty EM (1988). Work values and conduct of organizational behavior. In B. M. Staw and L. L. Cummingx(eds.), Research in Organizational Behavior 10:1-42.
- Oh DK (2004). Eeffect of perceived value of work on job effectiveness. The Korean Journal of Industrial and Organizational Psychology 17(3):375-399.
- Oh SH, Ha GS (2013). Effects on entrepreneurial intention by start-up environment and selfefficacy mediated by fear of business failure. Journal of Digital Convergence 11(8):143-157. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.11.143
- Park CR, Lee NJ, Lee CS (2009). Mediating effect of supporting services on the relationship between management strategies and business performance of small & micro business. J of Finance and Accounting Information 9(2):81-99.
- Park CY (2000). A study of satisfaction of customers to the small business development center in Korea. Asia Pacific J of Small Business 22(1):169-194.
- Sagie A, Elizur D, Koslowsky M (1996). Work values: A theoretical overview and a model of their effect. Journal of Organizational Behavior 17:503-514. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-1379(199612)17:1+<503::AID-JOB820>3.0.CO;2-Q
- Sandberg WR, Hofer CW (1987). Improving new venture performance: The role of strategy. industry, and the entrepreneur. Journal of Business Venturing 2(1):5-28. https://doi.org/10.1016/0883-9026(87)90016-4
- Shin JK, Ha GS (2013). Determinants and pattern of entrepreneurial failure. Journal of Digital Convergence 11(5):257-265. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.5.257
- Super DE (1970). Work Values Inventory: Manual. Houghton-Mifflin 50.
- Super DE (1973). The work valus inventory, In D. G. Zytowski(Ed.), Contemporary Approaches to Interest Measurement, Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press.
- Wilson F, Kickul J, Marlino D (2007). Gender, entrepreneurial self-efficacy, and entrepreneurial career intentions: Implications for entrepreneurship education. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice 31(3):387-406. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-6520.2007.00179.x
- Yoon BS (2004). Determinants of entrepreneurial intentions: Individual characteristics and environmental factors. Korean Business Review 17(2):89-110.
- Yook CH, Jeon IO (2014). Effect of entrepreneur's characteristics on the intention of entrepreneruship- Focusing on the moderating effect of entrepreneurship mentoring in Korean. The Korea Contents Society 14(10):661-676. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.10.661
- Zhao H, Hills GE, Seibert SE (2005). The mediating role of self-efficacy in the development of entrepreneurial intentions. Journal of Applied Psychology 90(6):1265-1272. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.90.6.1265