- Volume 31 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Loop-mediated Isothermal Amplification Assay to Rapidly Detect Wheat Streak Mosaic Virus in Quarantined Plants
Lee, Siwon;Kim, Jin-Ho;Choi, Ji-Young;Jang, Won-Cheoul
- Received : 2015.06.12
- Accepted : 2015.08.12
- Published : 2015.12.01
We developed a loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) method to rapidly diagnose Wheat streak mosaic virus (WSMV) during quarantine inspections of imported wheat, corn, oats, and millet. The LAMP method was developed as a plant quarantine inspection method for the first time, and its simplicity, quickness, specificity and sensitivity were verified compared to current reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) and nested PCR quarantine methods. We were able to quickly screen for WSMV at quarantine sites with many test samples; thus, this method is expected to contribute to plant quarantine inspections.
LAMP;loop-mediated isothermal amplification;quarantine;wheat streak mosaic virus;WSMV
- Ahn, Y. C., Nam, Y. H., Park, S. N., Cho, M. H., Seo, J. W., Yoon, I. K., Park, Y. H. and Jang, W. C. 2008. Detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis by loop-mediated isothermal amplification assay. J. Korean Chem. Soc. 52:273-280. https://doi.org/10.5012/jkcs.2008.52.3.273
- Animal, Plant and Fisheries Quarantine and Inspection Agency. 2013. List of plant quarantine viruses in Korea newly revised in 2013. Res. Plant Dis. 19:67-75.
- Cho, M. H., Jang, W. C. and Choi, J. G. 2013. Detection for methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus in using bio-chip based loop mediated isothermal amplification assay. J. Korean Chem. Soc. 57:81-87. https://doi.org/10.5012/jkcs.2013.57.1.81
- French, R. and Robertson, N. L. 1994. An RT-PCR method for the detection of the wheat streak mosaic virus. J. Virol. Methods 49:93-100. https://doi.org/10.1016/0166-0934(94)90059-0
- Lee, S. 2013. A study of molecular biological detection methods for seed-transmitted viruses in quarantine. Ph.D. thesis. Dankook University, Cheonan, Chungcheongnam-do, Korea.
- Lee, S., Cha, M., Kim, S. M., Heo, N. Y., Shin, Y. G. and Lee, S. H. 2014. Development of nucleotide primers for diagnostic RT-PCR and nested PCR detection of three seed-transmitted viruses (CRLV, SpLV and WClMV) in quarantine. J. Agric. Life Sci. 48:75-83.
- Lee, S., Kang, E. H., Chu, Y. M., Shin, Y. G. and Ahn, T. Y. 2013a. Development of PCR diagnosis system for plant quarantine seed-borne Wheat streak mosaic virus. Korean J. Microbiol. 49:112-117. https://doi.org/10.7845/kjm.2013.3013
- Lee, S., Kang, E. H., Heo, N. Y., Kim, S. M., Kim, Y. J. and Shin, Y. G. 2013b. Detection of Carnation necrotic fleck vrus and Carnation ringspot virus using RT-PCR. Res. Plant Dis. 19:36-44. https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2013.19.1.036
- Lee, S., Kang, E. H., Shin, Y. G. and Lee, S. H. 2013c. Development of RT-PCR and nested PCR for detection of four quarantine plant viruses belonging to Nepovirus. Res. Plant Dis. 19:220-225. https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2013.19.3.220
- Lee, S., Lee, J. Y., Shin, Y. G., Lee, S. H. and Ahn, T. Y. 2015. Development and verification of nested PCR assay for detection of Tobacco rattle virus in plant quarantine. J. Bacteriol. Virol. 45:54-61. https://doi.org/10.4167/jbv.2015.45.1.54
- Lee, S. and Shin, Y. G. 2014. Development and practical use of RTPCR for seed-transmitted Prune dwarf virus in quarantine. Plant Pathol. J. 30:178-182. https://doi.org/10.5423/PPJ.NT.10.2013.0099
- Shin, Y. G. and Rho, J. Y. 2014. Development of a PCR diagnostic system for Iris yellow spot tospovirus in quarantine. Plant Pathol. J. 30:440-444. https://doi.org/10.5423/PPJ.NT.06.2014.0052
- Development of rapid and highly sensitive detection of Bean common mosaic necrosis virus in leguminous crops using loop-mediated isothermal amplification assay vol.249, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jviromet.2017.08.023
- Flap endonuclease-initiated enzymatic repairing amplification for ultrasensitive detection of target nucleic acids vol.11, pp.8, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1039/C8NR06699J
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)