- Volume 37 Issue 3
Purpose: The Purpose of the study is to investigate the need for the preparation of old age of Korean dental technicians. Methods: A total of 778 dental technicians were selected by proportional stratified by region compared to extraction sampling from a list of Korea dental technician Association in 2012. The final sample size was 386. Questionnaires consisted of 9 general characteristics, recognition of old age 4, and preparation of old age 9 on a Liken 5 scale. Cronbach's alpha was 0.784 in the study. All statistical analyzed were performed using SPSS 14.0(Statistical Packages for Social Science Ver. 14.0. Chicago, IL, USA). Results: Factors affecting the aging preparation is gender, age, clinical career, work place(p<0.001). Conclusion: This study suggested that preparation for old age of Korean dental technicians was very important and the preparation must be connected with the social welfare policy.
Dental technician;Old age;Retirement plan
- Blakeley J, Riberio V. Are nurses for retirement? J Nursing Manag, 16, 744-752, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2834.2008.00916.x
- Cha KW, Park MY, Kim YJ. Financial planning for retirement among paid workers aged 20s and 30s. Korean Home Management Associatio, 26(1), 149-163, 2008.
- Hong SH, Kwak IS. A Comparison of Male and Female Middle-Aged Salaried Workers' Retirement Plans: Economic Preparation and Health Care Plans. Korean Home Management Association, 24(1), 193-207, 2006.
- Jang HS, Park SK, Yoo SJ. Demand and supply planning for the dental professions. Korea health industry development institute, 2003.
- Jeon HS. The effects of the locus of control and Aging Anxiety on preparation for old age in middleaged adults. Journal of Digital Convergence, 12(10), 571-576, 2014.
- Jeong WY, Baek EY. Causal Effects on Recognition and Attitude towards Retirement and Retirement Preparations. The Korean Social Security Association, 25(2), 115-139, 2009.
- Kim DH. Workplace evaluation of dust and heavy metal concentrations in dental laboratories. Cheonan; Soonchunhyang University, 2006.
- Kim KS. Kuksiwon Yearbook. Seoul: National Health Personnel Licensing Examination Board, 41-14, 2011.
- Kim NS. Studies in the middle-aged workers' recognition of their retirement plans. Department of public administration graduate school of Kyungwon university 2009.
- Lee HJ, Kim YM. Comparison of Teenager's attitude of Supporting their Elderly Parents the Parents'preparation for old age. Family and Environment Research, 34(2), 117-128, 1996.
- Lee KS. Analysis of the nurse's stressors: Focused on Seoul City General Hospital. Seoul: Yonsei University, 1982.
- Lee SK. Korean Dental Technicians'retirement attitudes and Related Factors. Kyunghee University, 1-100, 2013.
- Kwak IS, Hong SH, Rhee KH. Types of Attitude toward Retirement Plan and Financial Planning for Post-retirement Life among Salary Men. Korean Family Resource Management Association, 11(2), 21-42, 2007.
- Maddox GL. Adaptation to retirement. The Gerontologist, 10, 14-18, 1970. https://doi.org/10.1093/geront/10.1_Part_2.14
- Bae MJ, Jeon KY. The Effect of Variables on Attitudes and Preparations toward Retirement. Family and Environment Research, 42(7), 89-102, 2004.
- Min BK. A study on Satisfactory Degree of Dental Laboratory Heads about Dental Technician Who graduated form Junior college in Seoul and Kyoung Gi. The Journal of the Korean Academy of Dental Technology, 11(4), 14-25, 1989.
- Shim YS, Woo HS. Preparation for old age of dental hygienists. Journal of Korean Society of Dental Hygiene, 15(2), 179-88, 2015. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.02.179
- Song KB, Jeong SH, Chung SY, Park YD, Kwon HK, Choi YH. Attitude and planning for retirement by Korean dentist. Journal of the Korean academy of oral health, 34(2), 139-149, 2010.
- Sung YA, Yang SJ. A Comparison of Consumption Expenditure Patterns and Their Determinants of Elderly and Nonelderly Households. Family and Environment Research, 35(5), 103-117, 1997.
Supported by : 경동대학교