- Volume 37 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Co-Cr-Mo alloy for CAD/CAM Applications fabricated by Powder Metallurgy Process
분말야금공법으로 제조된 CAD/CAM용 Co-Cr-Mo 합금의 미세조직 및 기계적 특성
- Received : 2015.10.30
- Accepted : 2015.12.09
- Published : 2015.12.30
Purpose: The aims of this study are compare with microstructure and mechanical properties of Co-Cr-Mo alloys fabricated by powder metallurgy(P/M) process and casting process respectively. Methods: Microstructure and micro-hardness were tested by SEM and Vickers Hardness Tester. The sintered specimen was produced by furnace-coolling after sintering, however the casting specimen were produced thru air-cooling and water-cooling after the casting. For observation of phase transformation during sintering, DSC analyzing was carried out. Results: Mean pore size of sintered Co-Cr-Mo alloy was
Co-Cr-Mo alloy;Powder metallurgy;CAD/CAM;Sintering Microstructure;Mechanical Property
- Bogna S, Marlis E, Rita H, Falko N, Josef S, Daniel E, Florian B. A novel CAM/CAM base metal compared to conventional CoCrMo alloy. An in-vitro study of the long-term metalceramic bond strength. OHDM 13(2), 446-452, 2014.
- Eksi AK, Yuzbasioglu A. Effect of sintering and pressing parameters on the densification of cold isostatically pressed Al and Fe powders. Materials and Design, 28(4), 1364-1368, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matdes.2006.01.018
- Ju SH. Microstructure and mechanical properties of Al-Si/SiC composites fabricated by powder metallurgy. Department of material science and engineering, graduate school pusan national university, 1-79, 2012.
- Kim JH, Kim WS, Kim BK. Evaluation of marginal gap of fixed dental prostheses fabricated by soft metal material using dental CAD/CAM. J Dent Hyg Sci, 14(3), 349-355, 2014. https://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2014.14.3.349
- Kuzucu V, Ceylan M, Celik H and Aksoy I. Phase investigation of a cobalt base alloy containing Cr, Ni, W and C. J Mat Proc Tech, 74, 137-141, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-0136(97)00261-6
- Kim WY, Kim HS, Akihiko Chiba. Effects of hotforging reduction ratio on microstructure, mechanical properties and dry friction wear behavior of Co-29Cr-6Mo alloy without Ni and C addition for biomedical applications. Korean Journal of Metals and Materials, 44(6), 432-440, 2006.
- Mour M, Das D, Winkler T, Hoenig E, Mielke G, Morlock MM, Schilling AF, Advances in porous biomaterials for dental and orthopaedic applications. Materials, 3(5), 2947-2974, 2010. https://doi.org/10.3390/ma3052947
- Spriano S, Veme E, Faga MG, Bugliosi S, Maina G. Surface treatment on an implant cobalt alloy for high bicompatibility and wear resistance. Wear, 259, 919-925, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wear.2005.02.011
- Tajuddin MIM, Shamsul JB, Noraziana P. The effect of sintering temperature to the microstructure of PM F75(Co-Cr-Mo)alloy. Malaysian Metallurgical Conference, 435-439, 2008.
- Teoh SH, Agrawal M, Bruijn JD, Tabata Y. Engineering materials for biomedical application. BEPS 1, 1-31, 2015.
- Wilson CR, Luiz RB, Lirio S, Gerhard K. Powder metallurgical processing of Co-28%Cr-6%Mo for dental implants: Physical, mechanical and electrochemical properties. Powder Technology, 206(3), 233-238, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.powtec.2010.09.024
- Zuraidawani CD, Shamsul BJ. The influence of sintering time on the physical properties of F-75 (Co-Cr-Mo) alloy. Malaysian Metallurgical Conference, 371-376, 2008.