- Volume 15 Issue 2
Location-sharing based service (LSBS) refers to a service that users share their location information with other users with whom friendship. At this time, the location information is shared through service provider, and then their position information is exposed to the service provider. The exposure of this personal position information to the service provider has raised a privacy problem, and thus privacy preserving mechanisms have been proposed to protect them. In this paper, we examine the types and features of the proposed location-sharing based services so far, and survey the research trend of privacy preserving mechanisms for them. Through the analysis on existing privacy preserving mechanisms, we present design factors for a privacy preserving mechanism for the current LSBS services, and suggest future work.
Location-Sharing Based Services;Location Information Exposure;Privacy Preserving;Research Trend
- 페이스북 체크인하면 무료 와이파이 이용한다, http://mushman.co.kr/m/post/2692019
- 소셜위치기반 서비스 포스퀘어(Foursquare), http://cafe.naver.com/koreahrdacademy/1971
- 스마트폰용 위치공유 앱 '카카오디' 출시, http://www.asiatoday.co.kr/view.php?key=20141224010014442
- A. Lewko, A. Sahai, and B. Waters, "Revocation systems with very small private keys," IEEE Security and Privacy (SP) Symposium, pp.273-285, 2010.
- B. Libert, K.Paterson, and E. Quaglia, "Anonymous broadcast encryption: adaptive security and effcient constructions in the standard model," Public Key Cryptography, pp.206-224, 2012.
- M. Gruteser and D. Grunwald, "Anonymous Usage of Location-Based Services Through Spatial and Temporal Cloaking," ACM. MobiSys, pp.31-42, 2003.
- C. Dong and N. Dulay. "Longitude: A privacy-preserving location sharing protocol for mobile applications," Trust Management of IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology, Vol.358 pp.133-148, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-22200-9_12
- I. Bilogrevic, M.Jadliwala, K. Kalkan, J. Hubaux, and I. Aad, "Privacy in Mobile Computing for Location-Sharing-Based Services," Privacy Enhancing Technologies, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol.6794, pp.77-96, 2011.
- A. Narayanan, N. Thiagarajan, M. Lakhani, M. Hamburg, and D. Boneh, "Location Privacy via Private Proximity Testing," NDSS, 2011.
- E. D. Cristofaro, A. Durussel, and I. Aad, "Reclaiming Privacy for Smartphone Applications," PerCom, 2011.
- S. Pidcock and U. Hengartner, "Zerosquare: A Privacy-Friendly Location Hub for Geosocial Applications," IEEE CS Security and Privacy Workshop, 2013(5).
- X. Zhao, L. Li, and G. Xue, "Checking in without worries: Location privacy in location based social networks," IEEE INFOCOM, pp.3003-3011, 2013(4).
- R. Lu, X. Lin, Z. Shi, and J. Shao, "PLAM: A privacy-preserving framework for local-area mobile social networks," IEEE INFOCOM, pp.763-771, 2014(4-5).
- M. Herrmann, A. Rial, C. Diaz, and B. Preneel, "Practical privacy-preserving location-sharing based services with aggregate statistics," ACM WiSec, pp.87-98, 2014(7).
- 임홍택, 포스퀘어 스토리: 쇼셜미디어를 넘어 위치기반 플랫폼으로, e비즈북스, 2011.
- 구글, 친구 위치정보 서비스 '래티튜드' 발표, http://www.zdnet.co.kr/news/news_view.asp?artice_id=20090205090146&type=det
- 오수현, 곽진, "위치기반 서비스의 프라이버시 위협 요소 분석 및 보안 대책에 관한 연구", 한국항행학회논문지, 제13권, 제2호, 통권 제35호, pp.272-279, 2009.
- A. R. Beresford and F. Stajano, "Mix Zones: User Privacy in Location-aware Services," PERCOMW, 2004.
- J. Krumm, "Inference attacks on location tracks," Pervasive Computing, LNCS, Vol.4480, pp.127-143, 2007.
- K. P. N. Puttaswamy, S. Wang, T. Steinbauer, D. Agrawal, A. Abbadi, C. Kruegel, and B. Y. Zhao, "Preserving location privacy in geosocial applications," IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, Vol.13, No.1, pp.159-173, 2014(1). https://doi.org/10.1109/TMC.2012.247
- Average number of Facebook friends of U.S. users in 2014, http://www.statista.com/statistics/232499/americans-who-use-social-networking-sites-several-times-per-day/