- Volume 31 Issue 1
For the last 10 years, there were also a lot of exchanges and cooperations between North and South Korea's local governments. Dealing with these exchanges more systematically, local governments had issued many regulations. But in the law level, the current laws regulating exchanges and cooperations between North and South Korea lacked care in the role of local governments in the course of Korea reunification. Therefore, it is necessary to redesign the legal system to support and promote the role of local governments in unification affairs. The purpose of this study is to seek answers to a question how the Inter-Korea forest cooperation project effect on regional economy compared with other forest sectors. Results of this study proved that Inter-Korea forest cooperation project effects on regional economy positively as 'plus investment', not negatively. Forest cooperation project will be resolve Inter-Korea conflicts more peacefully. So government should be supported continuously in the long run in order to raise the performance.
economic effects;cooperation project;investment;inter-Korea
- Bae JS. 2013. A Preliminary Review of REDD Mechanism for Rehabilitating Forest Degradation of North Korea. J For Soc 102: 491-498.
- Kang DW. 2007. Policy Network Analysis Based Research into the Governance of N. Korea Aid Policies. Ph.D. thesis. Sungkunkwan University, Seoul, Korea. (in Korean)
- Kim YH. 2005. A Study on Ecological Restoration Measures for the Degraded Land in North Korea (Focusing on South Korea's Restoration Policy). J N.Kor Stu Rev 9: 21-50. (in Korean with English abstract)
- Kim YY. 2010. Economic Cooperation and Humanitarian Assistance between South and North Korea from the Viewpoint of "Green-peace". J Peace Uni 2: 45-74. (in Korean with English abstract)
- Korea Forest Service. 2013. Forestry statistics yearbook.
- Korea Ministry of Unification. 2008. A white book of cooperation fund in Inter-Korea.
- Park KS, Lee SY, Kim IH. 2011. The analysis of International Organisation's role for aid and cooperation to North Korea's forest development. J N.Kor Stu 7: 161-193. (in Korean with English abstract)
- Song JH, Han CW. 2012. A Study on the Comparison of Forest Legal System of North and South Korea and the Ways of Integration. J Uni Law 10: 147-175. (in Korean with English abstract)
- Woo JC, Choi IH. 2007. Developmental Process of Forest Policy Direction in Korea and Present Status of Forest Desolation in North Korea. J For Sci 23: 35-49. (in Korean with English abstract)