- Volume 22 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Rejoinder: A Study on the Population Structure of Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Jeon, Saebom (Department of Applied Statistics, Korea University) ;
- Kim, Seong Eun (Economic Statistics Department, The Bank of Korea) ;
- Park, Yousung (Department of Statistics, Korea University)
- Received : 2014.12.19
- Accepted : 2014.12.29
- Published : 2015.01.31
- Brass, W. (1977). On the scale of mortality, Biological Aspects of Demography, Taylor & Francis.
- Food and Agriculture Organization-World Food Programme (FAO/WFP) (2010). Crop and Food Security Assessment Mission to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Special Report, November 16. http://www.fao.org/docrep/013/al968e00.htm
- Gjonca, A., Brockmann, H. and Maier, H. (2000). Old-Age Mortality in Germany prior to and after Reunification, Demographic Research, 3.
- Goodkind, D. (1999). Do parents prefer sons in North Korea?, Studies in Family Planning, 30, 212-218. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1728-4465.1999.00212.x
- Goodkind, D. andWest, L. (2001). The North Korean famine and its demographic impact, Population and Development Review, 27, 219-238. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1728-4457.2001.00219.x
- Goodkind, D., West, L. and Johnson, P. (2011). A reassessment of mortality in North Korea, 1993- 2008. paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the Population Association of America March 31-April 2, Washington, D.C.
- Greville, T. N. E. (1945). Actuarial note: Some extensions of Mr. Beers's method of interpolation, American Institute of Actuaries, 34, 21-34.
- Haggard, S. and Noland, M. (2007). Famine in North Korea: Markets, Aid, and Reform, Columbia University Press, New York.
- Hill, K. (1987). Estimating census and death registration completeness, Asian and Pacific Population Forum, 1, 8-24.
- Hill, K., You, D. and Choi, Y. (2009). Death distribution methods for estimating adult mortality: Sensitivity analysis with simulated data error, Demography Research, 21, 235-254. https://doi.org/10.4054/DemRes.2009.21.9
- Lee, S. (2004). The famine in North Korea, 1994-2000: outbreak, impact, and character, The Korea Institute for National Unification.
- Moon, H. E. (2011). Democratic People's Republic of Korea in view of Demography (Japanese), Myungsuk Press.
- Murray, C., Rajaratnam, J., Marcus, J., Laakso, T. and Lopez, A. (2010). What can we conclude from death registration? Improved methods for evaluating completeness, PloS Medicine, 7, 1-17.
- Spoorenberg, T. and Schwekendiek, D. (2012). Demographic changes in North Korea: 1993-2008, Population and Development Review, 38, 133-158. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1728-4457.2012.00475.x