- Volume 10 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Development of Application for Preventing Smart-phone Syndrome
스마트폰 증후군 예방을 위한 애플리케이션 개발
- Received : 2014.10.31
- Accepted : 2014.12.17
- Published : 2015.02.28
As smart phone became popular, its excessive uses cause adverse effects called smart-phone syndrome such as Turtle-neck syndrome in physical side and smart-phone addiction in mental aspects. Turtle-neck syndrome incurred by incorrect posture when you watch smart-phone, which causes a serious health problems. However, these syndromes can be detected by gyro-sensor and timer, and prevented by correcting the posture and halting the function with smart-phone application (App). Thus, this paper proposes App that helps user to realize bad posture and addiction to smart-phone, and to acquire the correct habit by inducing user to stretch neck or to stop operation with warning message. If we tried to adjust bad posture and addiction in using smart-phone through this application, the social losses from smart-phone syndrome would be minimized as a result.
Supported by : 세명대학교
- J.-Y Choi, "The correlation between Adolescent Students' smart-phone use and VDT syndrome Symptoms," Journal of Korea Health and Welfare, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 97-115, 2013 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.23948/kshw.2013.12.15.97
- T. Kim, "An Analysis on the Status and Degree of Recognition for Smart Phone Syndrome of Undergraduate Students," Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 941-948, 2014 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2014.18.4.941
- H. Kim, "Research Trends in Smart Phone Addiction," Journal of Korea Addiction Crime, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 74-89, 2013 (in Korean).
- I. Yoo, "Disease of modern man, Prevention and Exercise for Turtle Neck Syndrome," International Journal of Steel Structures, Vol. 1, pp. 80-81, 2010 (in Korean).
- Y.-S. Kim, "Preliminary Study of Real-time Turtle Neck Syndrome Monitoring System using EMG analysis," Transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, No. 7, pp. 1663-1664, 2013 (in Korean).
- W. Oh, "Clinical Effect of Bong Chuna Manual Therapy and Acupuncture Treatment for Improving Cervical Curvature of Turtle Neck Syndrome and Measurement Method of Radiography," Journal of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 113-124, 2009 (in Korean).
- H.-J. Song, "A study on SNS addiction using smart phones," Journal of Korea Addiction Crime, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 31-49, 2011 (in Korean).
- S. Park, M.-A. Kwon, M.-J. Baek, N.-R. Han, "Relation between Smartphone Addiction and Interpersonal Competence of College Students using Social Network Service," Journal of The Korea Contents Society, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 289-297, 2014 (in Korean).