- Volume 64 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Initial Magnetic-Circuit Design of High Speed Permanent-Magnet Synchronous Machine
초고속 영구자석 동기기의 기초자기회로설계
- Joo, Daesuk (Electric Motor Research Center, Korea Electrotechnology Research Institute(KERI)) ;
- Hong, Do-Kwan (Electric Motor Research Center, Korea Electrotechnology Research Institute(KERI)) ;
- Woo, Byung-Chul (Electric Motor Research Center, Korea Electrotechnology Research Institute(KERI)) ;
- Woo, Kyung-Il (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Pukyong National University) ;
- Park, Han-Seok (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2014.11.20
- Accepted : 2015.02.11
- Published : 2015.03.01
This paper presents mathematical models for high speed permanent-magnet synchronous machine. The mathematical method with two successive steps is used to estimate design parameter as well as the output power. At first, mathematical model for a linkage flux problem is employed to calculate the number of winding turns and stack length of armature core. The magnetic circuit model for an induced voltage and the electric circuit model for a current are modeled. The output powers of the electrical generator were evaluated by the mathematical techniques. The results of this mathematical methods predict the specifications of the machine and can be applied in the design stage of the electrical machine.
- Cheol Hoon Park, Sang Kyu Choi, Sang Yong Ham,, "Prediction of Power and Efficiency Requirement of Motor/generator for 500W Class Micro Gas Turbine Generator Considering Losses", Journal of Fluid Machinery, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 24-30, Oct. 2011.
- C. Zwyssig, J.W. Kolar, W. Thaler, M. Vohrer, "Design of a 100 W, 500000 rpm permanent-magnet generator for mesoscale gas turbines", Industry Applications Conference, 2005. Fourtieth IAS Annual Meeting. Conference Record of the 2005, vol. 1, pp. 253-260, Oct. 2005.
- J. Peirs, et al, "Micropower generation with micro gasturbines: a challenge," Proc. IMechE Vol. 221 Part C: J. Mechanical Engineering Science, pp. 489-500, 2007.
- A. Boglietti, A. M. El-refaie, O. Drubel, A. M. Omekanda, N. Bianchi, E. B. Agamloh, M. Popescu, A. Di Gerlando, and J. B. Bartolo, "Electrical Machine Topologies : Hottest Topics in the Electrical Machine Research Community," IEEE Industrial Electronics Magazine, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 18-30, June 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/MIE.2013.2294077
- Daesuk Joo, Do-Kwan Hong, Byung-Chul Woo, Kyung-Il Woo, Han-Seok Park, "Survey on High-Speed Machines with rated output power up to 1kW", Proceeding of the KIEEP Summer Conference 2014 Workshop, pp. 87-88, July 2014.
- Akeshi Maeda, Hideo Tomita, and Osamu Miyashita, "Power and Speed Limitations in High Speed Electrical Machines," in Proc. IPEC-Yokohama, pp. 1321-1326, 1995.
- A. Binder and T. Schneider, "High-Speed Inverter-Fed AC Drives," in Proc. ACEMP, 9-16, 2007.
- Daesuk Joo, Do-Kwan Hong, Yeon-Ho Jeong, Ji-Young Lee, Byung-Chul Woo, "Magnetic Circuit Analysis of Permanent-Magnet Synchronous Generator in Micro Gas Turbine", Proceeding of the KIEE Summer Conference 2012, pp. 552-553, July 2012.
- Z. Wu and O. Ojo, "Coupled-circuit-model simulation and airgap-field calculation of a dual-stator-winding induction machine," Electric Power Application, IEE Proceedings, vol. 153, no. 3, pp. 387-400, May 2006. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-epa:20050466
- Daesuk Joo, Kyungil Woo, and Dae-kyong Kim, "Calculation of Winding Inductances for a Single-Phase Brushless DC Machine," Journal of Magnetics, vo. 17 no. 3, pp. 196-199, Sep. 2012.