- Volume 18 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Characteristics of Track Irregularities on Kyoungbu High-speed Line
경부고속선 궤도틀림 분포특성
- Choi, Il-Yoon (Advanced High-speed Railroad Systems Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Jun S. (Advanced High-speed Railroad Systems Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Um, Ju-Hwan (Future Transportation Systems Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Kang, Tae-Ku (Korail) ;
- Choi, Min-Ji (Advanced High-speed Railroad Systems Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute)
- Received : 2015.01.16
- Accepted : 2015.02.11
- Published : 2015.02.28
Track irregularities have a strong influence on the safety and the ride comfort of trains as well as track maintenance work. A statistical analysis was conducted for track irregularities data measured in Kyoungbu high speed line using a track recording car(EM120). First, the characteristics of EM120, which adopted versine measurement system, were investigated and the transfer function of EM120 was examined. The distributions of the surface and the alignment which have short wavelength were considerably high and the distribution decreased as wavelength increases. A distribution analysis of the wavelength was carried out according to EN standards and most of the track irregularities were in a D1 wavelength range. The distributions of the amplitude of track irregularities were also investigated and the results show that the distributions of track irregularities decrease rapidly as amplitude increases. These results may be helpful in making track maintenance plans and revising track irregularities criteria.
Grant : 고속검측 통합 S/W개발 및 시스템 통합
- Korea Rail Network Authority (2008) Maintenance Standard for Railroad.
- sMagdy El-Sibaie, David Jamieson, David C. Tyrell, J. Christopher Dorsey, et al. (1997) Engineering studies in support of the development of high-speed track geometry specifications, IEEE/ASME Joint Railroad Conference,USA, pp. 2-3.
- K.D. Kang (2004) A study of analysis method for the track geometry measuring data on high speed railway, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 7(4), pp. 291-295.
- B.K. Woo, Y.H. Kim, U.S. Yun, K.H. Kim, et al. (2009) Analysis of relationship between the irregularities of rail weld surface and track irregularities, Proceeding of the Korean Society for Railway, Korea, pp. 539-545.
- I.Y. Choi, D.H. Koo, S.Y. Hwang, Y.S. Lim (2010) Analysis on safety and ride comfort of KTX according to track surface, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 13(6), pp. 583-588.
- I.Y. Choi, et al. (2010) Analysis of track irregularities on high speed line, Korea Rail Network Authority.
- I.Y. Choi, D.H. Koo, S.Y. Hwang, Y.S. Lim (2010) A study on the crushing characteristics of the ballast gravel at high-speed railroad, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 11(4), pp. 384-389.
- J.T. Oh, et al. (2000) Mechanization and modernization of track maintenance work, Korea Railroad Research Institute
- European Standard (2008) Railway Applications-Track - Track geometry quality - Part 5: Geometric quality levels. BS EN 13848-5.
- Julius S. Bendat, Allan G. Piersol (2000) Random Data - Analysis and measurement procedures JOHN WILEY & SONS, INC. New York, pp. 171-185.
- Thermal Analysis for Improvement of Heat Dissipation Performance of the Rail Anchoring Failure Detection Module vol.29, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4313/JKEM.2016.29.2.125