- Volume 28 Issue 4
Objectives : The purpose of this study is to report the effects of herbal medicine and acupuncture on a triplets pregnant patient with hyperemesis gravidarum. Methods : A patient who was pregnant with triplets by in vitro fertilization (IVF) with hyperemesis gravidarum received treatment as an inpatient by herbal medicne and acupuncture. We evaluated the results of treatment by change of symptoms and visual analogue scale (VAS) about nausea. Results : After treatment, almost symptoms of hyperemesis gravidarum were improved. Vomiting and VAS of nausea were reduced and intaking was increased as treatment. Conclusions : This study suggests that Korean medicine mainly herbal medicine and acupuncture is effective on a triplets pregnant patient by IVF with hyperemesis gravidarum.
Triplets pregnancy;In vitro fertilization;Hyperemesis gravidarum;Gyullyeongbosaeng-tang;Acupuncture
- Yoo YK, et al. A case report of urinary infection in hyperemesis gravidarum. J Korean Obstet & Gynecol. 2008;21(1):276-85.
- Devitt NF. Hyperemesis gravidarum: a case report suggesting new concepts and research needs. Fam Pract Res J. 1991;11(3):279-82.
- Hod M, et al. Hyperemesis gravidarum. A review. J Reprod Med. 1994;39(8):605-12.
- Soules MR, et al. Nausea and vomiting of pregnancy: role of human chorionic gonadotropin and 17-hydroxyprogesterone. Am J Obstet & Gynecol. 1980;55(6):696-700.
- Goodwin TM, Montoro M, Mestman JH. Transient hyperthyroidism and hyperemesis gravidarum: clinical aspects. Am J Obstet & Gynecol. 1992;167(3):648-52. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0002-9378(11)91565-8
- Yang SJ, Cho SH, Jin CS. Clinical study for the 8 cases of the hyperemesis patients. J Korean Obstet & Gynecol. 2002;15(3):190-9.
- Zhang GB. Buin-kyu, Kyungakjeonshu. Seoul:hanmieuihak. 2006:1773-4.
- Kim TH, et al. Clinical study for the 20cases of the hyperemesis patients prescribed Kakambosengtang who have weakness of the spleen and stomach. J Korean Obstet & Gynecol. 2002;15(1):128-38.
- Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Medicine Society. Acupuncture & moxibustion medicine. Seoul:Jipmoondang. 2008:63-4, 193-4.
- Jeong EA, et al. A case report of a patient with cerebral hemorrhage that occur during multiple pregnancy by IVF(in vitro fertilization) and ET(embryo transfer). J Korean Obstet & Gynecol. 2002;15(1):185-91.
- Korean society of obstetrics and gynecology. Obstetrics. The 4th. Seoul:Korea Med. 2008:601-23, 869.
- The society of Korean obstetrics and gynecology. Oriental obstet & gynecol. Seoul:Euiseongdang. 2012:493-9.
- Kim SJ, Kim DC, Baek SH. Clinical study for the two cases complaining hyperemesis with vaginal bleeding or abdominal pain after IVF. J Korean Obstet & Gynecol. 2005;18(2):176-85.
- Lee JH, et al. Case Report of a patient with herpes zoster and hyperemesis gravidarum. J Korean Obstet & Gynecol. 2015;28(2):165-73. https://doi.org/10.15204/jkobgy.2015.28.2.165
- Zhang KH, et al. A case report of normal delivery using herbmed of twin pregnancy with one fetal death intrauterine. J Korean Obstet & Gynecol. 2004;17(2):187-93.
- Kim YH. Chunggangeuigam. Seoul: seongbosa. 2001:412-3.
- Kim CH, Lee YI. Obstetric outcomes of twin pregnancies after in vitro fertilization and embryo transfer. Obstetrics & Gynecology Science. 2000;43(9):1640-5.
- Katz P, Nachtigall R, Showstack J. The economic impact of the assisted reproductive technologies. Nat Cell Biol. 2002;4:29-32.
- Gang EH, et al. Pregnancy outcome of in vitro fertilization twin pregnancies compared with normally conceived twin pregnancies. Obstetrics & Gynecology Science. 2000;43(9):1597-603.
- Jang HY. Experience of decision making about multifetal pregnancy reduction in women receiving assisted reproductive technology. The graduate school seoul national university. 2014.