- Volume 28 Issue 4
Objectives : The purpose of this study is to examine the relationship between the symptoms of primary dysmenorrhea and pulse energy of Chon, Gwan and Cheok. Methods The subjects of this study who had certain range of dysmenorrhea symptom. The degree of dysmenorrhea were assessed by Visual Analog Scale (VAS), Multidimensional Verbal Rating Scale (MVRS), Cox Menstrual Symptom Scale (CMSS) and measured by 3D Blood Pressure Pulse Analyzer(3D-MAC) tests at menstruation start date. Data analysis included descriptive statistics and multiple linear regression using the SPSS/WIN 18.0 program. Results : The induced results are as follows;The induced results are as follows 1. There were no significant relationship between the pulse energy and the sum values of VAS, MVRS and checking part of severity of CMSS. 2. The frequency domain of CMSS were significantly associated with pulse energy. 3. In linear regression models, the model of Left Chon had the especially highest value of explanatory power. (R 2 = 0.517) Conclusions : The pulse energy changes are related to the symptoms of primary dysmenorrhea.
Primary Dysmenorrhea;Pulse Energy;Pulse Diagnosis;VAS;MVRS;CMSS
- Lee JY, Yoo JE, Yun YJ. Pilot Study on Variation of Menstruating Women’s Pulse Energy in Left and Right Chon, Kwan, Cheok. The Journal of Korean Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2013;26(4) :140-9. https://doi.org/10.15204/jkobgy.2013.26.4.140
- Hong DK. Study on variation of menstruating women’s pulse-wave in left and right Chon, Kwan, Cheok. Department of Oriental Medicine, Graduate School, Dong Eui University. 2013.
- Yang J, et al. Use of moxibustion to treat primary dysmenorrhea at two interventional times: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials. 2015;16:35. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13063-015-0552-1
- Cox DJ, Meyer RG. Behavioral treatment parameters with primary dysmenorrhea. J Behav Med. 1978Sep;1(3):297-310. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00846681
- Hong SS. Diagnostics of Chinese traditional medicine. Seoul:Koonja Publishing Inc. 2009:131.
- Seo Mu. The principles of pulse studies. Seoul:Haengrim Publishing Inc. 1998:26.
- Yun CR. The meaning of The Classic of Difficult Issues. Daejeon:Joomin Publishing Inc. 2003:28-30, 189-90.
- Heo J. Donguibogam. Seoul:BUBIN Publishers Co. 2009:444-5, 261, 1281-5,595-6, 798.
- So H. New Interpretation of Gynecology Jinglun. Seoul:Bomyeong Publishing Inc. 2006:30, 32.
- Jang GA. Jingyue quan shu. Seoul: Han-Mi Publishing Inc. 2011:1306, 1309, 1313-4.
- Physiology Class for Korean Medicine College. Oriental-medicine physiology. Seoul:Gipmundang. 2008:222.
- Woo SR, Won GR. Gynecology of Chinese Medicine. Beijing:Traditional Chinese Medicine Publishing Inc. 2005:201-3.
- Baek SH. A Study of Bianzheng Lunzhi of Dysmenorrhea. The Journal of Oriental Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2006;19(1) :261-71.
- Ha GS. Ha-Gye-Sung Practical Gynecology of Chinese Medicine. Beijing:Traditional Chinese Medicine Publishing Inc. 2009: 22, 284-5.
- Pathology Class for Korean Medicine College. Oriental-medicine pathology. Seoul:Il-Jung Publishing Inc. 1999:230.
- The Sociey of Korean Medicine Obstetrics and Gynecology. Oriental Obstetrics & Gynecology I. Seoul:Euiseongdang Publishing Inc. 2012:174.
- Cha JH, Kim YS, Lim EM. A Study on Menstrual Pattern and Dysmenorrhea Related Factorsof First-year Women College Students. The Journal of Oriental Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2010;23(4) :117-29.
- Lim EM, Cha JH, Kim YS. A Study on Change of Menstrual Patterns and Dysmenorrhea According to Obesity Indices and Physical Activity in Female College Students. The Journal of Oriental Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2011;24(3):156-70.
- Cho HB, et al. The Research on the Characteristics of MMPI Profile and Sasang Constitutional on Dysmenorrhea Patients. The Journal of Oriental Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2007;20(3) :137-54.
- Lee JY, et al. Analysis on the Stress Response Inventory and Heart Rate Variability of Dysmenorrhoea Patients. The Journal of Oriental Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2008;21(1):216-30.
- Kim ES, et al. Effects of Menstrual Cycle on Heart Rate Variability in Dysmenorrhea Patients. The Journal of Oriental Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2010;23(2):124-30.
- Lee JM, et al. Analysis on the Heart Rate Variability of Dysmenorrhoea Patients. The Journal of Oriental Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2007;20(3) :164-77.
- Lee JM, et al. A Study on the Relation of Dysmenorrhea of some patients and Body Composition Analysis. The Journal of Oriental Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2007;20(3):155-63.
- Park JS, et al. A Study for Suggestion of Quantitative Scale for Dysmenorrhea in Clinics. The Journal of Oriental Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2011;24(1) :144-61.
- So SC. Oriental Clinical Gynecology. Seoul:BUBIN Publishers Co. 1999:138.
- Yang J, et al. Effectiveness Study of Moxibustion on Pain Relief in Primary Dysmenorrhea: Study Protocol of a Randomized Controlled Trial. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2014;2014:1-6.
- The Korean Society of Gynecologic Endocrinology. Gynecologic Endocrinology. Seoul:Koonja Publishing Inc. 2012:157.
- Lee IS, Kim KK. A Study on Instrumental Development of Menstrual Pain. The Journal of Oriental Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2004;17(1):138-59.
- Paek JE. The Study on the 0rigin of Pulse rate diagonsis & Pulse rate diagnosis in Huang Di Nei Jing(I). The Journal of the Korea Institute of Oriental Medical Diagnostics. 1998; 2(1):225.
- Kim JU, et al. Clinical Study of the Floating-Sinking Pulse Quantification Analysis on Ages, Left/Right, and Palpation Positions. Korean Journal of Oriental Physiology & Pathology. 2009;23(5):1193-8.
- Lee C. Introduction to Medicine. Seoul: BUBIN Publishers Co. 2009:491-2, 426-7.
- Jang JB, et al. Clinical Study on the Efficacy and Safety of Chiljehyangbuhwan in the Treatment of Dysmenorrhea. The Journal of Oriental Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2005;18(1):156-68.
- Kim HJ, Lee YH, Sohn YJ. A Study on the Change of Digital Infrared Thermographic Imaging and Skin Resistance Variability before and after Treatment of Dysmenorrhea. The Journal of Oriental Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2013;26(2):88-103. https://doi.org/10.15204/jkobgy.2013.26.2.088
- Yoon YJ, et al. A study on the Correlation between Primary dysmenorrhea and Blood stasis. The Journal of Oriental Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2009;22(1) :148-60.
- The Sociey of Korean Medicine Obstetrics and Gynecology. Oriental Obstetrics & Gynecology II. Seoul:Euiseongdang Publishing Inc. 2012:86-7, 120-2.
- A Review on Clinical Studies on Gynecological Disease by Using a Pulse Diagnosis Device vol.29, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.15204/jkobgy.2015.28.4.031