- Volume 28 Issue 4
Objectives : To study correlation between Digital Infrared Thermal Imaging, Kupperman’s Index (KI) and Menopause Rating Scale (MRS) of Postmenopausal Women Methods : We analyzed 114 patients visiting Pohang Oriental Hospital from 1 st January 2014 to 30 th September 2015. The evaluating indexed of this trial were Age, DITI, KI, MRS. Temperature and different of temperature, such as In-dang (HN3), dan-Jung (CV17), gwan-won (CV4), hyup-back (LU4), no-gung (PC8), bock-to (ST31), and tae-chung (LR3). Results : Age was no correlation with DITI, KI, and MRS. There were positive correlation with KI and MRS significantly. DITI was not correlated with Age, KI and MRS, while ⊿T1 (LU4-PC8) was correlated with ⊿T2 (ST31-LR3) and ⊿T3 (CV17-CV4). Conclusions : There were non-significant correlation between DITI and Menopausal scale, but significant correlation in DITI themselves, Menopausal themselves. The More studies ar needed for the more accurate oriental medical diagnosis
- Jung DW. Diagnostic usefulness of digital infrared thermographic imaging in patients with trigeminal nerve injury. Yonsei University. 2014;17.
- Park KI, et al. A Study on the Relationship between Body Composition and Menopause Rating Scale(MRS), The Menopause-specific Quality of Life Questionnaire(MENQOL) of Postmenopausal Women. The Journal of Oriental Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2015;28(1):85-91. https://doi.org/10.15204/jkobgy.2015.28.1.085
- Park YJ, et al. The Menopausal Age and Climacteric Symptoms, and the Related Factors of Korean Women. Korean Journal of Womens Health Nursing. 2001;7(4):473-85.
- Yun MH, Yu SJ, Kim HJ. A study on Relations between Hot Flush and the Kupperman’s Index, MENQOL, MRS during Treatment for Hot Flush in Menopausal Women. The Journal of Oriental Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2011;24(1):87-98.
- Kim JM, Jung SY. Therapeutic Evaluation of Myofascial Trigger Points by Digital Infrared Thermographic Imaging. Journal of Korean Academy of Rehabilitation. 1997;21(3):500-10.
- Kim RS, et al. Using DITI to examine the pattern of subcutaneous heat of the climacteric patients. The Journal of Oriental Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2001;14(3):58-69.
- Heo JK, Lee CH, Lee KS. A Study on the D.I.T.I Patterns of Climacteric Patients. The Journal of Oriental Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2009;22(3):143-51.
- Kim MY, et al. A Study on the Relationship of Climacteric Women’s Vasomotor Symptoms and Body Temperature, Kidney Deficiency Pattern. The Journal of Oriental Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2014;27(3):66-78. https://doi.org/10.15204/jkobgy.2014.27.3.066
- Jo JY, Hwang DS, Lee CH. The Cut Off Values for Diagnosing Hot flashes by Using Digital Infrared Thermographic Imaging. The Journal of Oriental Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2013;26(3):85-92. https://doi.org/10.15204/jkobgy.2013.26.3.085
- Jo JY, et al. The Cut Off Values for Diagnosing Cold Hypersensitivity of Hands by Using Digital Infrared Thermographic Imaging. The Journal of Oriental Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2012;25(3):95-102.
- Choi JE, et al. The Clinical Analysis of the Symptoms and Characteristics on 50 Cases of Postmenopause syndromes. The Journal of Oriental Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2002;15(2):144-54.
- Choi IG, et al. Attitude and Belief About Menopause and Menopausal Symptoms in Depressive or Anxiety Disorder Patients. Korean Journal of Psychosomatic Medicine. 2010;18(2): 82-93.
- Elizabeth A. The Blatt-Kupperman menopausal index:acritique. Maturitas. 1998;29:19-24. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-5122(98)00024-3
- Kim JM. Clinical Application of Infrared Thermography. The Jounal of the Korea Institute of Oriental Medical Diagnostics. 2000;4(1):32-42.
- The Society of Korean Medicine Obstetrics and Gynecology. Oriental Obstetrics & Gynecology Ha. 1st rev. ed. Seoul: Euiseongdang publisher. 2012:265-76.
- Wang B. Hwangjenaekyung somun. Seoul: Daeseong publisher. 1989:22.
- A Study on Relationship between Hot Flush and Pulse Energy Measured by 3D Blood Pressure Pulse Analyzer in Women Who Complain of Perimenopausal and Postmenopausal Syndrome vol.29, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.15204/jkobgy.2015.28.4.057