- Volume 28 Issue 4
Objectives : This study is to report the effectiveness of Korean medical treatment in case of pubic fracture with pelvic pain. Methods : Pubic fracture patient with pelvic pain was treated by Gamigunggwui-tang and acupuncture. This study was evaluated by VAS (visual analogue scale) and radiography. Results : After treatment, VAS of pain decreased and radiography image showed that fracture is healing. Conclusions : We could prove Korean medical treatment is effective for recovery of pubic fracture and pelvic pain.
Pelvic pain;Pubic fracture;Traffic accident, Korean medical treatment;Gamigunggwui-tang
- Rockwood C, Green D. Fractures in adults. 2nd edition. Philadelphia:JB Lippincott. 1984:1093-209.
- Kim KH, Kim SJ, Sung CS. A Clinical Study on Fractures of the Pelvic Bone. Journal of the Korean Orthopaedic Association. 1982;17(3):485-91.
- Yun SK, et al. A Clinical Review of 16 Consecutive Patients with Pelvic Fractures. Journal of Trauma and Injury. 1994;7(1):68-73.
- Bae KJ, et al. Review Articles: Reviewing Research on the Treatment and Study of Fracture in Korean Journals Objective-Focus on Domestic Thesis. Journal of Oriental Rehab Medicine. 2015;25(3): 27-36.
- Lee HK, Chung MS, Yoon GS. Basic Study on the Effect of Korean Ginseng upon Fracture Healing of the Bone, Journal of the Korean Orthopaedic Association. 1984;19(3):483-91.
- Kim SS, Keum DH. Healing Effect of Pyrite on Tibia fractured Rats. Journal of Oriental Rehab Medicine. 2002;12(2):61-90.
- Jo HG, et al. A Case Report of Prescribing Doinseunggi-tang for the Patient with Thoraco-Lumbar Compression Fracture. Journal of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine. 2009;19(3):111-21.
- Ryum YH, Oh MS, Song TW. Healing Effect of Gamigunggui-tang and Gamigunggui-tangGaNokyong Water Extract on Tibia fractured Rats. Taejon University Research Institute of Oriental medicine Journal. 1999;8(1):675-87.
- Son WT, Oh MS. Healing Effect of Soongiwhalhyul-tang Extract on Tibia factured Rats. Journal of Oriental Rehab Medicine. 1999;9(2):350-62.
- The Korean Orthopaedic Association, Orthopaedics2. 6th edition. Seoul:Choisin medical book. 2006:1006-14.
- Kim SJ, et al. A Clinical Study of the Pelvic Bone Fracture. Journal of the Korean Orthopaedic Association. 1991;26(5):1441-9.
- Lee SW, et al. Clinical Research on 1 Case of Pelvic Bone Fracture. Journal of Oriental Rehab Medicine. 2004;14(2):147-53.
- Moon SJ, et al. A Case Report on Pelvic Fracture Accompanied with Osteoporosis Improved by Conservative Treatment. The Journal of Korean Society of Chuna Manual Medicine for Spine and Nerves. 2010;5(1):49-56.
- Kim MK, et al. Cases Reports of Fractures in Two Patients Undergoing Osteoporosis. Journal of Oriental Rehab Medicine. 2007;17(4):255-67.
- Yoon GY. Dongui clinical oriental medicine. 1st edition. Seoul:Myungbo publishing company. 1985:391.
- Korean Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Gynecology. 4th edition. Seoul:Koreal medical book publisher. 2008:21-47.
- Ahn JM, Seo JT. Anatomy, Classification and Radiology of the Pelvic Fracture. Journal of Korean fracture society. 2013;26(3):221-9. https://doi.org/10.12671/jkfs.2013.26.3.221
- Pennal GF, et al. Pelvic disruption: assessment and classification. Clinical Orthopaedics & Related Research. 1980; 151:12-21.
- Tile M. Acute pelvic fractures: I. Causation and classification. Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. 1996;4:143-51. https://doi.org/10.5435/00124635-199605000-00004
- Burgess AR, et al. Pelvic ring disruptions: effective classification system and treatment protocols. Journal of Trauma, 1990;30:848-56. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005373-199007000-00015
- 1. Clinical practice guidelines for the use of traditional Korean medicine in the treatment of patients with traffic-related injuries: An evidence-based approach vol.18, 2018, doi:10.15204/jkobgy.2015.28.4.088