- Volume 29 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Study of Hull Form Development of 5-Ton-Class Catamaran-Type Coastal Fishing Boat for Welfare Accommodation of Fishing Crew
어선원 복지공간 확보를 위한 5톤급 쌍동형 연안어선 선형개발에 관한 연구
- Jeong, Uh-Cheul (Dept. of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering Inha Technical College) ;
- Kim, Hyun-Soo (Dept. of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering Inha Technical College) ;
- Kwon, Soo-Yeon (Korea Ship Safety Technology and Authority) ;
- Choi, Ji-Hoon (Deawon Marine Technology Co. Ltd.)
- Received : 2015.09.08
- Accepted : 2015.12.17
- Published : 2015.12.31
This paper reports the hull form development and resistance performance of a 5-ton-class catamaran-type coastal fishing boat. The weight estimation and preliminary design were basically extracted from existing coastal fishing vessels. In addition, the resistance performance was investigated using a model test in a high-speed circulating water channel and was analyzed in comparison to an existing catamaran fishing vessel. As a result, the modified hull achieved an approximately 30% reduction in resistance compared to the previous hull. The stability or boarding sensitivity of the modified hull form was more stable or comfortable than the original hull form based on a trim and sinkage comparison between the two boats.
Fishing Boat;Hull form development;Catamaran;Resistance performance;Model test;Welfare space
- Jeong, U.C., Kwon, S.Y., Choi, J.H., Kim, D.J., Hong, K.S., 2013. Study of Hull Form Development and Resistance Performance of Catamaran-type High Speed Fishing Leisure Boat. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology 27(6), 1-6.
- Jeong, U.C., Kim, H.S., Kwon, S.Y., Choi, J.H, 2014, Study on Hull form Development of 5 G/T Class Catamaran-Type Coastal Fishing Boat Securing Welfare-Accommodation. Proceeding of the Korean Society of Ocean Engineering, Jeju, 382-385.
- Korean Society of Ship Inspection and Technology (KST), 2003. A Study on The Development of Fishing Boat. Fisheries Agency.
- Yu, J.W., Lee, Y.G., Jee, H.W., Park, A.S., Choi, Y.C., Ha, Y.J., Jeong, K.L., 2010. A Study on the Improvement of Resistance Performance for G/T 4.99ton Class Korean Coastal Fishing Boats. Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 47(6), 757-762. https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2010.47.6.757
- Yu, J.W., Lee, Y.G., Park, A.S., Ha, Y.J., Park, C.K., Choi, Y.C., 2011. A Study on the Resistance Performance of Korean High-Speed Small Coastal Fishing Boat. Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 48(2), 158-164. https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2011.48.2.158
- Lee, H.J., Kim, K.W., Lee, K.H., Kim, S.Y., Kim, S.H., Kim, C.J., Choi, K.I., Jeon, H.J., 2013. A Study on the Advanced Schemes on the Welfare Accommodation of Fishing Crew. Ministry for Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries.
- Jeong, U.C., Kim, D.J., Choi, H.S., 2012. Study on Hull Form Development and Resistance Performance of High Speed Aluminum Leisure Boat. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 26(6), 14-18.
- Resistance Performance Map through Studies on the Dimension Parameters of the Bilge Keel attached on the Fishing Vessel vol.24, pp.5, 2018, https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2018.24.5.583