- Volume 29 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Study on Coning Motion Test for Submerged Body
몰수체의 원추형시험에 관한 연구
- Park, Jong-Yong ;
- Kim, Nakwan ;
- Rhee, Key-Pyo ;
- Yoon, Hyeon Kyu ;
- Kim, Chanki ;
- Jung, Chulmin ;
- Ahn, Kyoungsoo ;
- Lee, Sungkyun
- Received : 2015.10.05
- Accepted : 2015.12.17
- Published : 2015.12.31
A submerged body is sensitive to changes in the roll moment because of the small restoring moment and moment of inertia. Thus, a method for predicting the roll-related hydrodynamic coefficients is important. This paper describes a deduction method for the hydrodynamic coefficients based on the results of a coning motion test. A resistance test, static drift test, and coning motion test were performed to obtain the coefficients in the towing tank of Seoul National University. The sum of the hydrodynamic force, inertial force, gravity, and buoyancy was measured in the coning motion test. The hydrodynamic force was deduced by subtracting the inertial force, gravity, and buoyancy from the measured force. The hydrodynamic coefficients were deduced using the regression method.
Submerged body;Coning motion test;Hydrodynamic coefficient;6-DOF equation of motion;Regression analysis
- Kim, Y.G., Yun, K.H., Kim, S.Y., Kim, D.J., 2012. Captive Model Test of Submerged Body Using CPMC. Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 49(4), 296-303. https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2012.49.4.296
- Lewandowski, E., 1991. Tests of a Submarine Model in Coning Motion. Davidson Laboratory Technical Report 2660.
- Nguyen V.D., Drolet Y., Watt G.D., 1995. Interference of Various Support Strut Configurations in Wind Tunnel Tests on a Model Submarine. Proceedings of the 33rd Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit, AIAA Paper 95-0443.
- Quick H., Widjaja R., Anderson B., Woodyatt B., Snowden AD., Lam S., 2012. Phase I Experimental Testing of a Generic Submarine Model in the DSTO Low Speed Wind Tunnel. DSTO Technical Note, DSTO-TN-1101
- Quick H., Widjaja R., Anderson B., Woodyatt B., Snowden A.D., Lam S., 2014. Phase II Experimental Testing of a Generic Submarine Model in the DSTO Low Speed Wind Tunnel. DSTO Technical Note, DSTO-TN-1274.
- Rhee, K.P., Yoon, H.K., Sung, Y.J., Kim, S.H., Kang, J.N., 2000. An Experimental Study on Hydrodynamic Coefficients of Submerged Body Using Planar Motion Mechanism and Coning Motion Device. In International Workshop on Ship Maneuverability, 1-20.
- Seol D.M., 2005. An Experimental Study of the Depth Effect on the Manoeuvrability in a Horizontal Plane of the Submerged Body. Seoul National University, Master Thesis.
- Watt G.D., 2007. Modelling and Simulating Unsteady Six Degrees-of-freedom Submarine Rising Maneuvers. DRDC Atlantic TR 2007-008.
- Feldman, J., 1979. DTNSRDC Revised Standard Submarine Equation of Motion. DTNSRDC SPD-0393-09.
- Feldman J., 1987. Straightline and Rotating Arm Captive-model Experiments to Investigate the Stability and Control Characteristics of Submarines and Other Submerged Cehicles. David Taylor Research Center, Bethesda MD, Ship Hydromechanics Department.
- Feldman J., 1995. Method of Performing Captive-model Experiments to Predict the Stability and Control Characteristics of Submarines. Carderock Division Naval Surface Warfare Center, CRDKNSWC-HD-0393-25.
- Gertler, M., Hagen, G.R., 1967. Standard Equation of Motion for Submarine Simulation. NSRDC-Report SR 009 01 01, Task 0102.
- ITTC, 2002. Recommended Procedure - Ship Models. 23rd International Towing Tank Conference, 7.5-01-01-01.
- Jung, J.W., Jeong, J.H., Kim, I.G., Lee, S.K., 2014. Experimental Study on Hydrodynamic Coefficients of Autonomous Underwater Glider Using Vertical Planar Motion Mechanism Test. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 28(2), 119-125. https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2014.28.2.119
- Kim, S.Y., Yang, H.J., Kim, J.W., Hong, S.W., Kang, J.S., Jun, T.B., 2000. A Description of KRISO Rotating Arm System. Journal of Ship & Ocean Engineering, 29, 155-160.
- An Experimental Study on Effect of Angle of Attack on Elevator Control Force for Underwater Vehicle with Separate Fixed Fins vol.30, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2016.30.4.243