- Volume 29 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Dynamic Modeling of Autonomous Underwater Vehicle for Underwater Surveillance and Parameter Tuning with Experiments
수중정찰용 자율무인잠수정의 운동 모델링 및 시험을 통한 계수 조정
- Lee, Phil-Yeop ;
- Park, Sung-Kook ;
- Kwon, Soon Tae ;
- Park, Sangwoong ;
- Jung, Hunsang ;
- Park, Min-Soo ;
- Lee, Pan-Mook
- Received : 2015.08.17
- Accepted : 2015.12.17
- Published : 2015.12.31
This paper presents the dynamic model of an AUV called HW200 for underwater surveillance. The mathematical model of HW200 is briefly introduced, considering its shape. The maneuvering coefficients were initially estimated using empirical formulas and a database of vehicles with similar shapes. A motion simulator, based on Simulink of Mathworks, was developed to evaluate the mathematical model of the vehicle and to tune the maneuvering coefficients. The parameters were finely tuned by comparing the experimental results and simulated responses generated with the simulator by applying the same control inputs as the experiment. The velocity of HW200 in the tuning process was fixed at a constant forward speed of 1.83 m/s. Simulations with variable speed commands were conducted, and the results showed good consistency in the motion response, attitude, and velocity of the vehicle, which were similar to those of the experiment even under the speed variation. This paper also discusses the feasibility of its application to a model-based integrated navigation system (INS) using the auxiliary information on the velocities generated by the model.
Autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV);Dynamic modeling;Underwater surveillance;Maneuvering coefficients tuning;Motion control
- Lee, P., Jun, B., Kim, K., Lee, J., Aoki, T., Hyakudome, T., 2007. Simulation of an Inertial Acoustic Navigation System With Range Aiding for an Autonomous Underwater Vehicle. IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, 32(2), 327-345. https://doi.org/10.1109/JOE.2006.880585
- Lee, P.M., Kim, B.H., Park J.Y., Jun, B.H., Yeo, D.J., Lee, P.Y., Jung, H., 2013a. Study on an Integrated Inertial Navigation of Autonomous Underwater Vehicles Using a Dynamic Model. Proceedings of The Korean Association of Ocean Science and Technology Societies (KAOSTS) 2013 Conference, 2193-2197, Jeju ICC.
- Lee, P.Y., Park, S.W., Kwon, S.T., Jung, H., Park, M.S., Lee, P.M., 2015. Dynamic Modeling of an Autonomous Underwater Vehicle for Underwater Surveillance and Its Application to Navigation. Proceedings of The Korean Association of Ocean Science and Technology Societies (KAOSTS) 2015 Conference, 351-355, Jeju ICC.
- Lee, P.Y., Yoon, J.Y., Oh, S.K., Lee, N.J., Jung, H., 2013b. Development and Test of an Small Autonomous Underwater Vehicle for Underwater Inspection. Proceedings of the Korea Unmanned Underwater Vehicle Society Symposium, Jinhae.
- Mathworks, Inc., 2015. MatLab & Simulink: Simulink Reference R2015b.
- Park, S.K., Kwon, S.T., Lee, P.Y., Park, S., Jun, Y.G., Jung, H., 2015. Implementation and Field Test of Autonomous Underwater Vehicle HW200. Proceedings of the Korea Unmanned Underwater Vehicle Society Symposium, Daejeon.
- Yeo, D.J., Yoon, H.K., Kim, Y.G., Lee C.M., 2006. Sensitivity Analysis on the Stability of a Submarine Concerning Its Design Parameters. Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 43(4), 521-528. https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2006.43.4.521
- Feldman, J., 1979. Revised Standard Submarine Equations of Motion. Naval Ship Research & Development Center.
- Fossen, T.I., 2002. Marine Control Systems : Guidance, Navigation and Control of Ships, Rigs and Underwater Vehicles. Trondheim, Norway, Marine Cybernetics.
- Gertler, M., Hagen, G.R., 1967. Standard Equations of Motion for Submarine Simulations. DTNSRDC, Tech. Report No. 2510.
- Hegrenæs, O., Hallingstad, O., 2011. Model-Aided INS with Sea Current Estimation for Robust Underwater Navigation. IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, 36(2), 316-337. https://doi.org/10.1109/JOE.2010.2100470
- Jun, B., Park, J., Lee, F., Lee, P., Lee, C., Kim, K., Lim, Y., Oh, J., 2009. Development of AUV ‘ISiMI’ and Free Running Test in Ocean Engineering Basin. Ocean Engineering, 36(1), 2-14. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2008.07.009
- Jun, B.H., Park, J.Y., Lee, P.M., Lee, F.Y., Oh, J.H., 2007. Development and Tank Test of an Autonomous Underwater Vehicle ‘ISiMI’. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 21(2), 67-74.
- Kim, Y.K., Kim, S.Y., 2005. Development of Estimation Technology for Maneuvering Performance of a Submarine. Technical Report of KRISO (Internal Report), December.
- Implementation of Hovering AUV and Its Attitude Control Using PID Controller vol.30, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2016.30.3.221