- Volume 24 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Static FE Analysis of Air Springs for Passenger Cars Considering the Mounting Steps
체결단계를 고려한 승용차용 에어스프링 정특성 설계해석기법 개발
- Received : 2015.09.24
- Accepted : 2015.10.06
- Published : 2015.12.01
Air springs are designed to support loads using the volume elasticity in a cylindrical shaped air bag made of a composite material with a rubber matrix and two plies of reinforced fibers. Recently, applications of these springs have been expanded from railway vehicles to passenger cars. The current study presents a finite element analysis of a manufactured air spring for a passenger car. The analysis was conducted including the mounting steps of the air bag using a static loading condition. A method for controlling the internal pressure and displacements during the mounting step was developed. The characteristic load curve and the shape of the air bag were in good agreement with the experimental data with respect to the design height, the bump height and the rebound height. Results indicate that ply angles of fibers vary from 38 degrees to 56 degrees during static loading.
Air Spring;Design Height;Bump Height;Rebound Height;Ply Angle
- D. W. Van Krevelen, K. Te Nijenhuis, 2009, Properties of Polymers, 4th Edn., Elsevier.
- ABAQUS/Standard User’s Manual.
- Y. Ko, K. Park, I. Baek, G. Kim, J. Lee, 2013, Study on Development of Virtual Components for Active Air Suspension System Based on HILS for Commercial Vehicle, Trans. of Kor. Soc. Automot. Eng., Vol.21, No.2, pp. 26~36. https://doi.org/10.7467/KSAE.2013.21.2.026
- H. Han, S. Hur, Y. Kim, 2006, Numerical Analysis of the Characteristics of Automobile Air Springs by using Developed Pre-processor, Proc. Kor. Soc. Mech. Eng. Spring Conf., pp. 235-240.
- W. Yang, C. Chen, Y. Chen, Y. Ren, 2004, Finite Element Analysis of an Air Spring for Automobile Suspension, J. Beijing Univ. Chem. Technol., Vol.31, No.3, pp. 105~109.
- H. Lee, S. Kim, H. Huh, J. Kim, S. Jeong, 2003, Finite Element Analysis of Diaphragm-type Air Springs with Fiber-reinforced Rubber Composites, J. Compos. Mater., Vol. 37, No.14, pp. 1261~1274. https://doi.org/10.1177/0021998303037014003
- S. Jeong, H. Huh, J. Song, S. Lee, J. Chang, 2008, Proc. Kor. Soc. Automot. Eng. Annual Conf., Kor. Soc. Automot. Eng., Seoul, Korea, p. 407.
- B. Kim, B. Moon, 2011, Optimum Evaluation of Reinforcement Cord of Air Spring for the Vehicle Suspension System, J. Kor. Soc. Precis. Eng., Vol.28, No.3, pp. 357~362.
- S. Huh, C. Woo, H. Han, W. Kim, S. Kim, 2007, Performance Test and Finite Element Analysis of Air Spring for Automobile, Trans. Kor. Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol.31, No.7, pp. 725~731. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2007.31.7.725
- S. Lee, C. Lim, 2009, Development of Passenger Car Air-spring, Auto Journal, Vol.31, No.2, pp. 52~57.