- Volume 31 Issue 2
Rutin is an important bioflavonoid that is consumed in the daily diet. This study compared the functional components of rutin from various silkworm species using a gene database with those of rutin produced by silkworms selectively bred through cross-combinations. We made comparisons between the geographical origin and species of silkworm using a gene database and discovered that rutin activity was ranked in the following order by species, Chinese (C5)> miscellaneous varieties (Jamsaeng 1 Ho) >Japanese (Jam 115) > European (E58) >Korean (Sun 3 ho). However, rutin levels with respect to various genetic traits (blood color, silk color, and egg color) were consistent. In order to study rutin changes that occurred during the cross breeding of the silkworm gene, we bred cross-combinations utilizing Jam 115 and the 4051 silkworms. In conclusion, in order to provide information about the constituents of functional materials contained in silkworm powder, it is imperative that silkworm cross breeding occurs so that the database of functional materials extracted from silkworms will expand.
Bombyx mori L.;silkworm;rutin;cross-combination
- Naito K (1968) Studies on the micro constituent in mulberry leaves (VII). Nippon Nogeikagaku Kaishi (in Japanese) 42, 423–425. https://doi.org/10.1271/nogeikagaku1924.42.7_423
- Nassiri-Asl M, Mortazavi SR, Samiee-Rad F, Zangivand AA, Safdari F, Saroukhani S, Abbasi E (2010) The effects of rutin on the development of pentylenetetrazole kindling and memory retrieval in rats. Epilepsy Behav. 18, 50-53. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.yebeh.2010.03.005
- Qi Y, Sun A, Liu R, Meng Z, Xie H (2007) Isolation and purification of flavonoid and isoflavonoid compounds from the pericarp of Sophora japonica L. by adsorption chromatography on 12% cross-linked agarose gel media. J. Chromatogr. A 1140 (1-2), 219-224. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chroma.2006.12.002
- Richetti SK, Blank M, Capiotti KM, Piato AL, Bogo MR, Vianna MR, Bonan CD (2011) Quercetin and rutin prevent scopolamine-induced memory impairment in zebrafish. Behav Brain Res. 217, 10-15. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbr.2010.09.027
- Schwedhelm E, Maas R, Troost R, Böger RH (2003) Clinical pharmacokinetics of antioxidants and their impact on systemic oxidative stress. Clin. Pharmacokinet. 42, 437-459. https://doi.org/10.2165/00003088-200342050-00003
- Sofic E, Copra-Janicijevic A, Salihovic M, Tahirovic I, Kroyer G (2010) Screening of medicinal plant extracts for quercetin 3-rutinoside (rutin) in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Med. Plant. 2(2), 97-102.
- Javed H, Khan MM, Ahmad A, Vaibhav K, Ahmad ME, Khan A, Ashafaq M, Islam F, Siddiqui MS, Safhi MM, Islam F (2012) Rutin prevents cognitive impairments by ameliorating oxidative stress and neuroinflammation in rat model of sporadic dementia of Alzheimer type. Neuroscience 17, 340-352. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuroscience.2012.02.046
- Ju WT, Kim KY, Sung GB, KimYS (2014) Quantitative analysis of 1-Deoxynojirimycin content using silkworm genetic resources. Int. J. Indust. Entomol. 29(2), 162-168. https://doi.org/10.7852/ijie.2014.29.2.162
- Kalinova J, Triska J, Vrchotova N (2006) Distribution of vitamin E, squalene, epicatechin, and rutin in common buckwheat plants (Fagopyrum esculentum Moench). J. Agric. Food. Chem. 54(15), 5330-5335. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf060521r
- Kalinova J, Dadakova E (2009) Rutin and total quercetin content in amaranth (Amaranthus spp.). Plant. Foods. Hum. Nutr. 64(1), 68-74. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11130-008-0104-x
- Kamalakkannan N, Prince PS (2006) Antihyperglycaemic and antioxidant effect of rutin, a polyphenolic flavonoid, in streptozotocininduced diabetic wistar rats. Basic Clin. Pharmacol. Toxicol. 98, 97-103. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1742-7843.2006.pto_241.x
- Lee CY, Sim SM, Cheng HM (2007) Systemic absorption of antioxidants from mulberry (Morus alba L) leaf extracts using an in situ rat intestinal preparation. Nutr. Res. 27(8), 492-497. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nutres.2007.06.004
- Nagaraju J (2002) Application of genetic principles for improving silk production. Curr. Sci. 83(4), 409-414.
- Nagasawa T, Tabata N, Ito Y, Aiba Y, Nishizawa N, and Kitts DD (2003) Dietary G-rutin suppresses glycation in tissue proteins of streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. Mol. Cell Biochem. 252, 141-147. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1025563519088
- Janbaz KH, Saeed SA, Gilani AH (2002) Protective effect of rutin on paracetamol and CCl4-induced hepatotoxicity in rodents. Fitoterapia 73, 557-563. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0367-326X(02)00217-4
- Asano N, Yamashita T, Yasuda K, Ikeda K, Kizu H, Kameda Y, Kato A, Nash RJ, Lee HS, Ryu KS (2001) Polyhydroxylated alkaloids isolated from mulberry trees (Morus alba L.) and silkworms (Bombyx mori L.). J. Agric. Food Chem. 49, 4208-4213. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf010567e
- Asano N (2003) Glycosidase inhibitors: update and perspectives on practical use. Glycobiol., 13 93R-104R. https://doi.org/10.1093/glycob/cwg090
- Atanassova M, Bagdassarian V (2009) Rutin content in plant products. J. Chem. Technol. Metall. 44(2), 201-203.
- Chen Y, Wang J, Jiang H (2008) Optimization of extraction technology of total flavonoids from mulberry leaves by orthogonal design. J. Food. Drug 10(3), 17-20.
- Fu B, Liu J, Li H, Li L, Lee FSC, Wang X (2005) The application of macroporous resins in the separation of licorice flavonoids and glycyrrhizic acid. J. Chromatogr. A 1089 (1-2), 18-24. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chroma.2005.06.051
- Fujimoto N, Hayashiya K (1972) Studies on the pigments of cocoon. (IX) The precursor of the pigments of green cocoon in the silkworm, Bombyx mori. J. Seric. Sci. Jpn 41, 383-386.
- Gao Z, Xu H, Huang K (2002) Effects of rutin supplementation on antioxidant status and iron, copper, and zinc contents in mouse liver and brain. Biol. Trace. Elem. Res. 88, 271-279. https://doi.org/10.1385/BTER:88:3:271
- Harborne JB (1986) Nature distribution and function of plant flavonoids. Prog. Clin. Biol. Res. 213, 15-24.
- Havsteen B (1983) Flavonoids, a class of natural products of high pharmacological potency. Biochem Pharmacol. 32, 1141-1148. https://doi.org/10.1016/0006-2952(83)90262-9
- Antioxidant activity of silkworm powder treated with protease vol.33, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7852/ijie.2016.33.2.78
Grant : 오디 균핵병 피해 실태조사 및 피해 경감 기술 개발