- Volume 24 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Application of Well Allocation Factor for Injection Optimization of Waterflooding
수공법 주입량 최적설계를 위한 Well Allocation Factor 적용 연구
- Received : 2015.10.28
- Accepted : 2015.12.10
- Published : 2015.12.31
For successful operation of waterflooding which is one of secondary recovery methods, suitable water injection allocation is important to increase oil recovery. Well allocation factor(WAF) which is one way to quantify the injector and producer connectivity, is utilized to allocate water injection of waterflooding. Static WAF cannot represent the field condition and can induce incorrect value. To compensate for limitation of static WAF, modified WAF which includes several parameters that affect patterns including well radius, distance between wells, and injection rates is proposed. In this study, static and modified WAFs were applied to injection optimization of waterflooding and results by each WAF were compared. In case of modified WAFs, produced water were less and produced oil were more than case of static WAF especially in big change of distance between producer and injector. Therefore, modified WAFs can allocate water injection more efficiently than static WAF.
Oil production;waterflooding;well allocation factor(WAF);injection allocation optimization
- Trung, P.N.; Duc, N.T. Optimization Injection and Production Allocation in Multi-well Water-flooding Project using Optimization Algorithms and Artificial Neural Network, SOCAR, 2010, 16-23.
- Liu, F.; Guthrie, C.; Shipley, D. Optimizing Water Injection Rates for a Water-flooding field, Proceedings of the SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, Texas, U.S.A., 2012.
- Saadatpoor, E.; Karami, H.; Al-Ajmi, M.F. A New Method for Dynamic Calculation of Pattern Allocation Factors in Waterflood Monitoring, Proceedings of the SPE Improved Oil Recovery Symposium, Oklahoma, U.S.A., 2012.
- Ivan, A.; Maria, B.; Rustem, G.; Andrey, G.; Danila, K.; Anton, L. Comparative analysis of different techniques for waterflood efficiency assessment, Proceedings of the SPE Russian Oil & Gas Exploration Technical Conference and Exhibition, Russia, 2012.
- Gladkov, A.; Kondakov, D.; Gareev, R.; Belyanushkina, M.; Lvov, A.; Arsenevsky, I. Streamlines for the Target Injection Calculation in Complex Field Conditions, Proceedings of the SPE Arctic and Extreme Environments Conference and Exhibition, Russia, 2013.
- Robert, A.C.; Brian, L. Voidage Replacement Ratio Calculations in Retrograde Condensate to Volatile Oil Reservoirs Undergoing EOR Processes, Proceedings of the SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, Colorado, U.S.A., 2003.
- Robert, A.C.; James, L.; Hossein, K.; Moudi, A. Pattern Balancing and Waterflood Optimization of a Super Giant: Sabiriyah Field, North Kuwait, a Case Study, Proceedings of the International Petroleum Technology Conference, Dubai, U.A.E., 2007.
- Al-Ajmi, M.; Al-Hamer, M.; Al-Anzi, E.; Al-Muwail, M.; Al-Anzi, H. Innovative Pattern Balancing and Waterflood Optimization of a Super Giant Carbonate Mauddud Reservoir, Sabiriyah Field, North Kuwait, Proceedings of the SPE/EAGE Reservoir Characterization and Simulation Conference, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E., 2007.
- Al-Ajmi, M.; El-Daoushy, A.; Ashkanani, F.; Saleh, I.; Pathak, A.; Hamadi, H. Innovative Pattern Balancing and Waterflood Optimization of a Super Giant Carbonate Mauddud Reservoir, Raudhatain Field, North Kuwait, Proceedings of the SPE Digital Energy Conference and Exhibition, Texas, U.S.A., 2011.
- Awotunde, A. A.; Sibaweihi, N.; Fahd, K. Consideration of Voidage Replacement Ratio in Well Placement Optimization, Proceedings of the SPE Kuwait International Petroleum Conference and Exhibition, Kuwait City, Kuwait, 2012.
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)