- Volume 24 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on Biogas Yield According to Food Waste Leachate Acid Fermentation Conditions
음폐수 산발효 조건에 따른 바이오가스 생산량에 관한 연구
Moon, Kwangseok;Pak, Daewon;Kim, Jaehyung
- Received : 2015.06.29
- Accepted : 2015.11.03
- Published : 2015.12.31
This study performed acid fermentation pre-treatment to improve production efficiency of methane that is produced as a product in case of anaerobic fermentation by using food waste leachate, and attempted to confirm the acid fermentation optimum through the BMP test by using pre-treated food waste leachate to increase the yield of methane. As a result of the BMP experiment by using acid fermented food waste leachate, the highest yield of methane of 0.220 L/g VS was confirmed in the HRT three-day condition, and in the initial BMP test by pH, pH 6 was 19,920 mg/L that the highest VFA and acetic acid/TVFA(76.2%) were shown. At this time, it was confirmed that the yield of methane was mostly within 10 days that was reduced to around one-third compared to the general methane fermentation (within 30 days). As the yield of methane was 0.294 L/g VS, it showed a high efficiency of around 1.3 times compared to the control group.
Food waste leachate;Acidogenesis;Methane;Pre-trea
- 음식물류 폐기물 관리정책 방향 및 개선방향 연구, 환경부, 2012.
- 대구시 음식물류폐기물 발생폐수 적정 처리방안, 대구경북연구원, 2010.
- 음식물류 폐기물 처리시설 발생폐수 육상처리 및 에너지화 종합대책, 환경부, 2007.
- 2013년 음식물류 폐기물 처리시설 설치 ․ 운영 현황, 환경부, 2014.
- Kelleher, B. P., J. J. Leahy, A. M. Henihan, T. F. O'Dwyer, D. Sutton, and M. J. Leahy. 2000. dvances in poultry litter disposal technology-a review. Bioresour. Technol. 83: 27-36.
- H. Carrere, C. Dumas, A. Battimelli, D. J. Baststone, J. P. Delgenes, J. P. Steyer, I. Ferrer, "Pretreatment methods to improve sludge anaerobic degradability: A review", Journal of Hazardous materials, 183, 2000, 1-15.
- M. R. Salsabil, A. Prorot, M. Casellas, C. Dagot, "Pre-treatment of activated sludge: Effect of sonication on aerobic and anaerobic digestibility", Chem. Eng. J., 148, 2009, 327-335. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2008.09.003
- H. Li, Y. Y. Jin, R. B. Mahar, Z. Y. Wang, Y. F. Nie, "Effects of ultrasonic disintegration on sludge microbial activity and dewaterability", J. Hazard. Mater., 161, 2009, 1421-1426. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2008.04.113
- M. Dohanyos, J. Zabranska, J. Kutil, P. Jenicek, "Improvement of anaerobic digestion of sludge", Water Sci. Technol., 49, 2004, 89-96.
- C. Fjordside, "An operating tale from Næstved Sewage Treatment Plant", in: Municipal wastewater treatment Nordic Conference, Copenhagen (Denmark), 2001
- X. Yang, X. Wang, L. Wang, "Transferring of components and energy output in industrial sewage sludge disposal by thermal pretreatment and two-phase anaerobic process", Bioresour. Technol., 101, 2010, 2580-2584. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2009.10.055
- D. H. Lee, S. K. Behera, J. W. Kim, H. S. Park, "Methane production potential of leachate generated from Korean food waste recycling facilities: a lab-scale study", Waste Manag., 29, 2009, 876-882. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wasman.2008.06.033
- M. J. Han, S. K. Behera, H. S. Park, "Anaerobic co-digestion of food waste leachate and piggery wastewater for methane production: statistical optimization of key process parameters, J. Chem. Technol. Biotechnol., 87, 2012, 1541-1550. https://doi.org/10.1002/jctb.3786
- S. K. Cho, W. T. Im, D. H. Kim, M. H. Kim, H. S. Shin, S. E. Oh, "Dry anaerobic digestion of food waste under mesophilic conditions: performance and methanogenic community analysis", Bioresour. Technol., 131, 2013, 210-217. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2012.12.100
- H. S. Shin, S. K. Han, Y. C. Song, C. Y. Lee, "Performance of UASB reactor treating leachate from acidogenic fermenter in the two-phase anaerobic digestion of food waste", Water Res, 35, 2001, 3441-3447. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1354(01)00041-0
- S. G. Shin, G. Han, J. Lim, C. Lee, S. Hwang, "A comprehensive microbial insight into two-stage anaerobic digestion of food waste-recycling wastewater", Water Res, 44, 2010, 4838-4849. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2010.07.019
- J. Y. Wang, H. L. Xu, J. H. Tay, "A hybrid two-phase system for anaerobic digestion of food waste", Water Sci Technol, 45, 2002, 159-165.
- C. Lee, J. Kim, S.G. Shin, V. O'Flaherty, S. Hwang, "Quantitative and qualitative transitions of methanogen community structure during the batch anaerobic digestion of cheese-processing wastewater", Appl Microbiol Biotechnol, 87, 2010, 1963-1973. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00253-010-2685-1
- C-F. Chu, Y. Ebie, K-Q. Xu, Y-Y. Li, Y. Inamori, "Characterization of microbial community in the two-stage process for hydrogen and methane production from food waste", Int J Hydrogen Energy, 35, 2010, 8253-8261. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2009.12.021
- APHA, AWWA and WEF : Standard methods for the examination of water and wastewater, 20th ed. Baltimore, American Public Health Association 2, 1998. 16. M. S.
- 김동훈, 신항식, 오세은, "이단 혐기성 소화공정을 이용한 음폐수의 처리 및 바이오가스 생산", 한국폐기물학회지, 25(8), 2008, 716-722.
- 박종웅, 최독혁, "음폐수를 탄소원으로 이용시 생분해 및 탈질특성에 미치는 영향", 한국도시환경학회지, 11(1), 2011, 41-48.
- 김동훈, 신항식, 조시경, 박홍석, 윤석표, "음폐수 주입을 통한 생활폐기물 매립지의 메탄가스 발생량 증진에 관한 현장 실험", 한국폐기물자원순환학회지, 27(4), 2010, 331-338.
- Verma S., "Anaerobic digestion of biodegradable organics in municipal solid wastes", Master's thesis, Applied Science Columbia University, New York, NY, USA; May, 2002.
- Yu, L., Bule, M., Ma, J., Frear, C., Chen, S., "Enhancing volatile fatty acid (VFA) and biomethane production from lawn grass with pretreatment", Bioresour. Technol., 162, 2014, 243-249. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2014.03.089
- Stephen H. Z., "Conversion of acetic acid to methane by thermophiles", FEMS Microbiology Letters, 75, 1990, 125-137. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1574-6968.1990.tb04090.x
- Characteristics of Food Wastes and Its Hydrolysis Conditions vol.13, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.7849/ksnre.2017.3.13.1.036