- Volume 24 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Enhance of Air tightness Performance of a New Type Silding Window with horizontally Rolling Wheels
수평 구름 바퀴가 적용된 신 유형 미서기 창문의 기밀성능 개선에 관한 연구
Jang, Hyok-Soo;Kim, Young-Il;Chuung, Kwang-Seop
- Received : 2015.09.14
- Accepted : 2015.11.21
- Published : 2015.12.31
Crevices between window and window frame cause not only heat losses but also serve path to sound transmission and infiltration of fine dusts that are harmful to humans. There were many efforts in the past to eliminate these crevices but because of the windows' indispensable function of opening and closing, it was an unsolvable problem. In this study, a new type sliding window is developed by applying horizontally rolling wheels to implement a surface sealing which is excellent for enhancing air tightness. To evaluate the feasibility of the newly developed window, forces for opening and closing, durability and air tightness were testet according to Korean Testing Standards. Force for opening a 2000 N window is 30 N. It endured 100,000 cycles of opening and closing. Infiltration was
Sliding window;Horizontally rotating wheel;Air tightness;Heat loss
- Jang, C. Y., and Lee, N. E., 2010, A Measurement and Evaluation of Air Tightness of Temperable Low-e Windows Soft glazing, one of Manufacturing Process of Low-e Glazing, Proceedings of the SAREK, No. 6, pp. 368-371.
- Park, J. J., Kim Y. I., Chung K. S., 2013, Study of Infiltration due to Window Air Permeability in Officetel. Journal of the SAREK Summer Annual Conference No. 6, pp. 742-745.
- Bae, H. J., 2014, Effects of Short-term Exposure to PM10 and PM2.5 on Mortality in Seoul, Korea Institute of Environmental Health, No. 40, pp. 346-354.
- Korea Agency for Technology and Standards (KATS), 2014, KS F 2237, Windows and Doors-Determination of Opening and Closing Forces.
- Korea Agency for Technology and Standards (KATS), 2013, KS F 2292, The Method of Air Tightness for Windows and Doors.