- Volume 24 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Characteristics of Lift Fluctuation Power Spectral Density on a Fin Tube in the Heat Recovery Steam Generator
배열회수 보일러 단일 휜튜브의 양력 변동 PSD 특성 연구
- Received : 2015.10.24
- Accepted : 2015.12.08
- Published : 2015.12.31
Heat exchanger tube array in a heat recovery steam generator is exposed to the hot exhaust gas flow and it could cause the flow induced vibration, which could damage the heat exchanger tube array. It is needed for the structural safe operation of the heat exchanger to establish the characteristics of flow induced vibration in the tube array. The researches for the flow induced vibration of typical heat exchangers have been conducted by using single cicular tube or circular tube array and the nondimensional PSD(Power Spectral Density) function with the Strouhal number, fD/U, had been derived by experimental method. From the present study, the basis for the application of flow induced vibration to the heat recovery steam generator tube array would be prepared. For the previous mentioned purpose, the present CFD analysis introduced a single fin tube and calculated with the unsteady laminar flow over the single fin tube. The characteristics of vortex shedding and lift fluctuation over the fin tube was investigated. The derived nondimensional PSD was compared with the results of the previous experimental researches and the characteristics of lift PSD over a single fin tube was established from the present CFD study.
heat exchanger;fin tube circular cylinder;flow induced vibration;power spectral density(PSD);Karmann vortex;unsteady laminar flow;FFT
- R.D. Blevins, R. J. Gibert and B. Villard, "Experiment on vibration of heat exchanger tube arrays in cross-flow", Trans. 6th Int. Conf. on Structural Mechanics in Reactor Technology, Paper B6/9, (1981).
- C. Taylor , M.J. Pettigrew, F. Axisa and B. Villard, "Experimental determination of single and two-phase cross flow induced forces on tube raws", Flow Induced Vibration, PVP Vol. 104, 31-39, (1986).
- S.S. Chen and J.A. Jendrzejczyk, "Fluid excitation forces acting on square tube array", Journal of Fluids Engineering, Vol. 109/415, (1987). https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3242682
- F. Axisa, J. Antunes, B. Villard and M. Wullschleger, "Random excitation of heat exchanger tubes by cross-flows", Int. ASME Winter Symposium on Low-Induced Vibrations and Noise, CEA-CONF-9744, (1988).
- S.V. Patankar, "Numerical Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow", 126-131, (1980)
- K.B. Lee, B.W. Kim, J.S. Yang, M.K. Kim and S.S. Jang, "A study on flow-induced vibration of tube array in uniform cross flow ( I )", Transactions of the KSME B, Vol. 117, No. 5, 924-932, (1992).
Supported by : 한국기계연구원