- Volume 24 Issue 4
A computer simulation has been developed to predict and investigate the performance of the assumed hydrogen engine. The simulation has be come a powerful tool as it saves time and also economical when compared to experimental study. The effects of various parameters, such as equivalent ratio, spark advance, revolutions per minute were calculated and then the optimal parameters of assumed engine were determined. The effects of spark advance, revolutions per minute, cylinder pressure, rate of pressure rise, flame temperature, rate of heat release, and mass fraction burned were simulated. The objective of the research paper is to develop a internal combustion model with hydrogen as a fuel.
Simulation;thermodynamic engine model;spark advance;engine speed;cylinder pressure
- Yamin, J. A. A, Gupta, H. N, Bansal, B. B. and Srivastava, O. N, Effect of combustion duration on the performance anc emission characteristics of a spark ignition engine using hydrogen as a fuel, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Vol.25, pp.581-589, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0360-3199(99)00031-2
- White, C. M., Steeper, R. R. and Lutz, A. E, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Vol.31, pp.1292-1305, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2005.12.001
- Jorach, R., Development of a low-NOx truck hydrogen with high specific power output, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Vol.22, pp.423-427, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0360-3199(96)00083-3
- Ma, J., Su, Y., Zhou, Y. and Zhang, Z., Simulation and prediction on the performance of a vehicle's hydrogen engine, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Vol.28, pp.77-83, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0360-3199(02)00046-0
- Sakthinathan, G. P. and Jeyachandran, K., Theoretical and experimental validation of hydrogen fueled spark ignition engine, Thermal Science, Vol.14, No.4, pp.989-1000, 2010. https://doi.org/10.2298/TSCI1004989S
- Choi, G. H, Chung, Y. J. and Han, S. B, Performance and emissions characteristics of a hydrogen enriched LPG internal combustion engine at 1400rpm, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Vol.30, pp.77-82, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2004.06.009
- Heywood, J. B., Internal Combustion Engine Fundamentals, Mc-Graw Hill, 1987.
- Han, S. B, A study on the prediction of hydrogen vehicle by the thermodynamic properties, Journal of Energy Engineering, Vol.24, pp.79-83, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5855/ENERGY.2015.24.2.079
- Han, S. B, Combustion characteristics of hydrogen by the thermodynamic properties analysis, Journal of Energy Engineering, Vol.24, No.2, pp.84-90, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5855/ENERGY.2015.24.2.084
- Han, S. B, Theoretical analysis of a spark ignition engine by the thermodynamic engine model, Vol.24, No.3, pp.55-60, 2015.
- Han, S. B, Effect of compression ratio on the combustion characteristics of a thermodynamics based homogeneous charge compression ignition engine, Vol.24, No.3, pp.61-66, 2015.