- Volume 30 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Effects of Draconis Resina on the Collagenase Activities and the Procollagen Synthesis in Hs68 Human Fibroblasts, and Tyrosinase Activity
- Kim, Tae Yeon ;
- Leem, Kang-Hyun
- Received : 2015.10.13
- Accepted : 2015.11.16
- Published : 2015.11.30
Objectives : Draconis Resina (DR), the resin of Daemonorops draco Bl., is used to circulate the blood and to stop bleeding. It also has been used to generate flesh including ulceration. The present study investigated the effects of DR extract on collagen metabolism in human fibroblasts and tyrosinase activity in mushroom tyrosinase.Methods : The effect of DR extract on type I procollagen production (collagen type I synthesis) and collagenase (matrix metalloproteinase-1, henceforth referred as MMP-1) activity in human normal fibroblasts cell line. Hs68 cells after ultraviolet B (UVB, 312 nm) irradiation was measured using the enzyme - linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA). The tyrosinase activity was also measured to find out the whitening effects in mushroom tyrosinase by ELISA method.Results : There was no cytotoxicity at DR extract at concentrations of 10 μg/ml, 30 μg/ml, and 100 μg/ml. DR extract significantly inhibited the increase of collagenase activity, whereas it did not show on the reduction of type I procollagen in UVB damaged Hs68 cells. DR extract did not reduce the L - DOPA oxidation. However, it significantly reduced the tyrosinase activity by DR extract at concentraions of 0.1 mg/ml, 1 mg/ml and 10 mg/ml.Conclusions : In conclusion, DR showed the anti-wrinkle and whitening effects via the inhibition of collagenase production and the tyrosinase activity. These results suggest that DR may have potential as an anti-aging ingredient in cosmetic herb markets.
- Fisher GJ, Datta SC, Talwar HS, Wang ZQ, Varani J, Kang S, Voorhees JJ. Molecular basis of sun-induced premature skin ageing and retinoid antagonism. Nature. 1996 ; 379(6563) : 335-9. https://doi.org/10.1038/379335a0
- Kim IR, Kim HC, Kuk YB, Park SJ, Park YK, Park JH, Seo BI, Seo YB, Song HJ, Shin MK, Lee YJ, Lee YC, Lee JH, Leem KH, Cho SI, Chung JK, Joo YS, Choi HY. Boncho-Hak. Seoul : Young-Lim Press. 1999 : 441-2.
- Chen JL, Chen TT. Chinese Medical Herbology and Pharmacology. CA : Art of Medicine Press. 2004 : 853-5.
- Yaar M, Gilchrest BA. Cellular and molecular mechanisms of cutaneous aging. J Dermatol Surg Oncol. 1990 ; 16(10) : 915-22. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1524-4725.1990.tb01555.x
- Shin JY, Hur W, Wang JS, Jang JW, Kim CW, Bae SH, Jang SK, Yang SH, Sung YC, Kwon OJ, Yoon SK. HCV core protein promotes liver fibrogenesis via up-regulation of CTGF with TGF-beta1. Exp Mol Med. 2005 ; 37(2) : 138-45. https://doi.org/10.1038/emm.2005.19
- Vanni A, Gastaldi D, Giunata G. Kinetic investigations on the double enzyme activity of the tyrosinase mushroom. Ann Chim. 1990 ; 80 : 35-60.
- Joshi PC, Carraro C, Pathak MA. Involvement of reactive oxygen species in the oxidation of tyrosine and dopa to melanin and in skin tanning. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1987 ; 142(1) : 265-74. https://doi.org/10.1016/0006-291X(87)90480-3
- Kim YH, Chung CB, Kim JG, Ko KI, Park SH, Kim JH, Eom SY, Kim YS, Hwang YI, Kim KH. Anti-wrinkle activity of ziyuglycoside I isolated from a Sanguisorba officinalis root extract and its application as a cosmeceutical ingredient. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2008 ; 72(2) : 303-11. https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb.70268
- Müller WEG. The Origin of Metazoan Complexity: Porifera as Integrated Animals. Integr Comp Biol. 2003 ; 43(1) : 3-10. https://doi.org/10.1093/icb/43.1.3
- Di Lullo GA, Sweeney SM, Korkko J, Ala-Kokko L, San Antonio JD. Mapping the ligand-binding sites and disease-associated mutations on the most abundant protein in the human, type I collagen. J Biol Chem. 2002 ; 277(6) : 4223-31. https://doi.org/10.1074/jbc.M110709200
- Sikorski ZE. Chemical and Functional Properties of Food Proteins. Boca Raton : CRC Press. 2001 : 242.
Grant : 원료 녹용 및 녹용 제품의 효능 규명