- Volume 15 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Implementation of Automatic Chord Score Generating Program Based on Genetic Algorithm
유전 알고리즘을 기반으로 한 자동 코드 악보 생성 프로그램 구현
- Received : 2014.11.03
- Accepted : 2014.12.11
- Published : 2015.03.28
Generating chord score based on melody is essential for composition and arrangement, while it is picky for amateurs who do not have harmonics knowledges. To solve this problem, we developed automatic chord score generating program, ACGP. Based on genetic algorithm, it successfully reflects diverse hormonic factors and the mood of the music. User interface was also implemented so that anyone can use the program conveniently. Additional analysis was conducted to prove the utility of ACGP.
Music;Harmonics;Chord Score;Genetic Algorithm;Softwares
- Ian Simon, Dan Morris, and Sumit Basu, "MySong: automatic accompaniment generation for vocal melodies," SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, ACM, pp.725-734, 2008.
- Arne Eigenfeldt and Philippe Pasquier, "Realtime generation of harmonic progressions using controlled Markov selection," Int. Conf. on Computational Creativity, pp.16-25 2010.
- 김나리, 권지용, 유민준, 이인권, 황정규, "강화 학습을 통한 자동 반주 생성", 한국 HCI 학회 학술대회, pp.739-743, 2008.
- Raymond P. Whorley, Geraint A. Wiggins, and Marcus T. Pearce, "Systematic evaluation and improvement of statistical models of harmony," international joint workshop on computational creativity, pp.81-88, 2007.
- Andrew Homer, "Genetic algorithms and computer-assisted music composition," Urbana, Vol.51, No.61801, 1991.
- Bruce Jacob, "Composing with genetic algorithms," International Computer Music Conference, pp.452-455, 1995.
- John Biles, "GenJam: A genetic algorithm for generating jazz solos," International Computer Music Conference, pp.131-131, 1994.
- 정재훈, 이종현, 안창욱, "유전 프로그래밍을 이용한 원곡 기반의 새로운 멜로디 생성", 한국컴퓨터종합학술대회 논문집, pp.1565-1567, 2013.
- George Papadopoulos and Geraint Wiggins, "A genetic algorithm for the generation of jazz melodies," STEP 98, 1998.
- Ryan A. McIntyre, "Bach in a box: The evolution of four part baroque harmony using the genetic algorithm," IEEE Conference, Vol.2, pp.852-857, 1994.
- Phon-Amnuaisuk, Somnuk, and Geraint Wiggins, "The four-part harmonisation problem: a comparison between genetic algorithms and a rule-based system," AISB'99 Symposium on Musical Creativity, pp.28-34, 1999.
- John H. Holland, Adaptation in natural and artificial systems: An introductory analysis with applications to biology, control, and artificial intelligence, U Michigan Press, 1975.
- Michael Affenzeller, S Wagner, S Winkler, and A Beham, Genetic algorithms and genetic programming: modern concepts and practical applications, Crc Press, 2009.
- David Beasley, R. R. Martin, and D. R. Bull, "An overview of genetic algorithms: Part 1. Fundamentals," University computing, Vol.15, pp.58-58, 1993.
- Austin Scott, "An introduction to genetic algorithms," AI expert, Vol.5, No.3, pp.48-53, 1990.
- Kim-Fung Man, Kit-Sang Tang, and Sam Kwong, "Genetic algorithms: concepts and applications," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol.43, No.5, pp.519-534, 1996.
- 이동민, 대중음악을 위한 화성학, 음악세계, 2013.
- 이교숙, 알기 쉬운 편곡법, 세광음악출판사, 2002.
Supported by : 미래창조과학부