- Volume 50 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Enhancement of Dimensional Stability of Compressed Open Cell Rigid Polyurethane Foams by Thermo-Mechanical Treatment
- Ahn, WonSool (Department of Chemical Engineering, Keimyung University)
- Received : 2015.02.02
- Accepted : 2015.02.25
- Published : 2015.03.31
Thermo-mechanical treatment process of a compressed open-cell rigid polyurethane foam (OC-RPUF), which was fabricated for the vacuum insulation panel (VIP), was studied to obtain an optimum condition for the dimensional stability by the relaxation of compressive stress. Thermo-mechanical deformation of the sample OC-RPUF was shown to occur from about
- G. Oertel, "Polyurethane Handbook", 2nd ed, Hanser Publishers, N. Y., Ch. 6, 247 (1993).
- M. Szycher, "Szycher's Handbook of Polyurethanes", CRC Press, N. Y., Ch. 8, 1 (1999).
- D. Randall and S. Lee, "The polyurethanes book", John Wiley? Sons, Ltd., N. Y., Ch. 15, 229 (2002).
- K. Yoshida, "Polyurethane and Related Foams", CRC Press, FL, Ch. 4, 65 (2007).
- U. Henri, "Chemistry and Technology of Isocyanate", John Wiley & Sons, N. Y., Ch. 2, 469 (1996).
- A. Biedermann, C. Kudoke, A. Merten, E. Minogue, U. Rotermund, H.-P. Ebert, U. Heinemann, J. Fricke, and H. Seifert, "Analysis of Heat Transfer Mechanisms in Polyurethane Rigid Foam", J. Cellular Plast., 37, 467 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1106/KEMU-LH63-V9H2-KFA3
- T. Widya and C. W. Macosko, "Nanoclay-Modified Rigid Polyurethane Foam", J. Macromol. Sci., Part B: Phys., 44, 897 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1080/00222340500364809
- Takeda Chemical Industries, Ltd, "Production and Use of Open Cell Rigid Polyurethane Foam", U.S Patent No. 5,350,777 (1999).
- X. D. Zhang, H. T. Davis, and C. W. Macosko, "A New Cell Opening Mechanism in Flexible Polyurethane Foam", J. Cellular Plast., 35, 458 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1177/0021955X9903500506
- J. Fricke, U. Heinemann, and H. P. Ebert, "Vacuum insulation panels - From research to market", Vacuum, 82, 680 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vacuum.2007.10.014
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., "Open Cell Rigid Polyurethane Foam and Method for Producing the Same and Method for Making Vacuum Insulation Panel Using Same", U.S Patent No. 5,889,067 (1999).
- T. Heinemann and W. Klan, "Fine Cell, Water-Blown Rigid Polyurethane Foams", U.S 2005/0014857 A1 (2005).
- J.-W. Wu and H.-S. Chu, "Heat transfer in open cell polyurethane foam insulation", Heat Mass Transfer, 34, 247 (1998). https://doi.org/10.1007/s002310050256