- Volume 11 Issue 1
Steam Reforming H2 Generation (SRH2G) System is a chemical process to produce hydrogen through steam reforming of hydrocarbon. Largely speaking, there are two types of materials for the SRH2G: 1) Oil and coal, and 2)Natural Gas such as shale gas. From the perspective of cost, quality (purity), and environmental burden (pollution), the latter is much more desirable than the former. For this reason, research on SRH2G using natural gas is actively carried out, and implemented and operated in the various industry. In this paper, we develop a natural gas based SRH2G system via systems engineering approach. Specifically, we first derived stakeholder requirements, followed by systems requirements and finally system architecture via a tailored SE process for plant (called Plant Systems Engineering (PSE) process) based on ISO/IEC 15288. The developed method was applied to iron and steel plant as a case study. Through the case study, by the SE approach, we were convinced that a successful system satisfying stakeholders' requirements within the given constraints can be developed, verified and validated.
Steam Reforming Hydrogen Generation;Natural Gas;Systems Engineering;Plant Systems Engineering;Plant Concept Design;Technical Process
- J.Y. Yoon, A Study on the International Competitiveness of Korean Plant Industries, Master thesis, Chonbuk National University, 1-2, 2011.
- 이정호, 최병일, 윤의수, 김재윤, 최병익, 환경/에너지 플랜트 산업 현황 및 경쟁력 확보 방안, 한국유체기계학회 논문집, 12(4), 한국유체기계학회, 72-73, 2009.
- 이광호, 수소경제의 이슈화 배경과 의미, 과학기술정책, 154, 과학기술정책연구원, 76-77, 2005.
- 배정환, 정경화, 인송택, 정윤화, 수소제조 비용추정:화석연료를 중심으로, 에너지경제연구원 연구보고서, 에너지경제연구원, 2007.
- ISO/IEC 15288:2008, Systems and software engineering - System life cycle processes, 2008.
- INCOSE, Systems Engineering Handbook v3.2.2, 2011.
- DoD Directive. 5000.1, The Defense Acquisition System, 2003.
- G.H. Cha, J.J. Park, J.H. Lee, D.S. Chu, A Study on System Engineering of Light Rail Transit Private Investment Projects, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, The Korean Society for Railway, 517-544, 2011.
- C.H. Lee, D.G. Hong, S.C. Yoon, S.H. Suh, H.W. Sur, Systems Engineering-based Approach In Developing Concept Design Of Carbon Capture System, Journal of the Korean Society of Systems Engineering, 9(2), The Korean Society of Systems Engineering, 23-36, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14248/JKOSSE.2013.9.2.023
- W.W. Ki, J.P. Kim, D.G. Hong, S.H. Suh, A Study on Application of Systems Engineering Technical Process to FEED in Plant construction Industry - focused on a case of Environmental Plant, Journal of the Korean Society of Systems Engineering, 9(2), The Korean Society of Systems Engineering, 37-53, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14248/JKOSSE.2013.9.2.037
- ANSI/EIA 632, Processes for Engineering a System, 2003.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 산업통상자원부