- Volume 11 Issue 2
Industrial safety is one of the crucial agenda for Government as well as Manufacturing Industry. To cope with the needs, a great deal of policies and technical implementation have been proposed and implemented. With a great increasing attention on the Industry 4.0 and Smart Factory, industrial safety has received as a crucial agenda by the manufacturing industry in particular. Up until now, almost all of them have been made from the environmental aspects, rather than operator or workers. In this paper, we present our research results how to increase the workers' safety via smart factory technology, such as IoT and CPS. Our approach has been to see the problem from SE perspectives, to draw the real issues from the various stakeholders, and define how to solve the problem based on the emerging technologies. The developed systems can give conceptual framework for the 'smart' industrial safety system by providing solution architecture for how to monitor the location of workers, and moving equipments, and generate solutions how to avoid safety problems between them if detected.
Safety system;System engineering;System Architecture;Monitoring system;Shopfloor;Sensor network
- KOREA OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY & HEALTH AGENCY, 'Analysis statistics of industrial disaster', 2007.
- Ministry of Employment and Labor, 'Analysis of current industrial disaster situation' 자료, 2013.
- Jung-min Yoon, Sung-yong An, Han-woong Kim, Bum Park, "Research of Guideline for the intelligent safety monitoring system using USN and biological signal at the workspace", Journal of the Ergonomics Society of Korea, pp.82-86, 2010.
- Yo-Chul Choi, Yun-Ok Cho, "A Study on the Application System of the Systems Engineering for the Railway Total Safety Project", THE KOREAN SOCIETY FOR RAILWAY, Vol.9 No.4, pp.487-492, 2006.
- Jae-ho Kim, Jae-seok Yoon, Sung-chan Choi, Min-woo Ryu, "Development trends and the development direction of IoT platform", The Korean Institute of Communications and Information Sciences, Vol.30 No.8, pp.29-39, 2013.
- Joung-Han Lee, Ki-Young Ban, Kung-Hyup Kim, Sung-Koo Na, "Study on the Infrastructure applying the Concept of the Smart Plant in the Steel Industry", THE INSTITUTE OF ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS OF KOREA, pp.886-889, 2015.
- So-yeon Min, Kwang-hyung Lee, Seung-jae Jang, Geun-wang Lee, "Design and Implementation of Workspace Safety Management System based on RFID using Variable Radio Wave Oscillation", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.12 No.8, pp.3660-3669, 2011.
- Moon-hyung Seol, Yong-gu Jang, Myung-chan Son, In-joon Kang, "A Study on Accuracy Analysis and Application of Postion Tracking Technique for Worker Safety Management in Underground Space Construction Field", Journal of the Korean Geoenvironmental Society, Vol.14 No.8, pp.45-51, 2013.
- Chang-bum An, "Trend of research in safety management of construction workers using sensing technology and vision technology", Vol.15 No.2, 2014.
- INCOSE Systems Engineering Handbook Ver.3.2.2 INCOSE-TP-2003-002-03.2.2, October 2011.Korean Geoenvironmental Society, Vol.14 No.8, pp.45-51, 2013.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 한국산업기술진흥원(KIAT)