- Volume 6 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Estimation Model for Approximate Construction Quantities of Suspension Bridge in Early Stage
사업기획단계에서의 현수교의 물량추정을 위한 모델연구
- Received : 2015.10.08
- Accepted : 2015.11.05
- Published : 2015.12.31
Bridge construction cost estimates have generally been conducted by using historial unit-price(per meter or square meter). The traditional estimating method based on unit-price references can never completely reflect the specialty of cable supported bridge. In this paper, we have developed the system for supporting the approximate construction cost and the quantity estimation based on 3D model information in the pre-project planning phase of 3-span continuous suspension bridge with 2-pylons. First of all, we'd analyzed the design information (such as structural design report, blueprint and quantity) and the real cost data from the existing suspension bridges and derived the design variables of the bridges. We developed the BIM wizard that generates a suspension bridge model parametrically based on derived design variables. The principle material quantities of suspension bridge are calculated directly from 3-dimensional bridge model built by using the BIM wizard. We have established the system that the construction cost can be estimated more specific than the traditional estimating method.
suspension bridge;construction quantities;pre-project planning phase;3D bridge model;BIM wizard
- Chun, K.S. and Park, W.T. (2015), "BIM System Develop ment for Conceptual Design and Pre-Feasibility Stu dy of Cable-Stayed Bridge," Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 16, No. 10, pp. 7204-7210. (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.10.7204
- Kim, B.G., Kim, C.H., Ko, Y.K., Chun, K.S. and Choi, C.H. (2014), "A BIM Wizard for Approximate Cost Estimation of Cable Bridges," Korean Society of Civil Engineers(KSCE), Proceeding of the Annual Conference of the KSCE. (in Korean).
- Kim, S.B. and Cho, J.H. (2013), "Development of the Ap proximate Cost Estimating Model for PSC Box Girder Bridge based on the Breakdown of Standard Work," Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineer, Vol. 33, No. 2, pp. 791-800. (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.12652/Ksce.2013.33.2.791
- Kim, M.J. (2010), A Study on the Model of Estimating Approximate Construction Cost by using Case-Based Reasoning Method, Master Thesis, Gyeong-sang National University. (in Korean).
- Lewis, W.J. (2013), "A Mathematical Model for Assessment of Material Requirements for Cable Supported Bridges: Implications for Conceptual Design," Engineering Structures, Vol. 42, pp. 266-277.