- Volume 18 Issue 4
Commonly it is perceived that it is difficult to teach engineering design and satisfy accreditation criteria in computer science and engineering related majors. However, since engineering design in these disciplines are a product design, it is more adaptable than other majors which are process design oriented. This paper shows that although there are subtle differences with conventional engineering design, engineering design education in computer science and engineering can be effectively done. This paper concentrates on how engineering design related curriculum can be constructed, what should be considered when designing such curriculum, and how engineering design can be taught in individual design courses(excluding introductory and capstone courses) based on case experience.
Supported by : 한국기술교육대학교
- Dym, C. L. et al.(2005). Engineering Design Thinking, Teaching, and Learning, Journal of Engineering Education, 94(1) : 103-120. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2168-9830.2005.tb00832.x
- 한국공학교육인증원(2012a), 공학교육인증기준 2005 (2012. 7. 개정) (KEC2005).
- 한국공학교육인증원(2012b), 컴퓨터.정보기술인증기준2010 (KCC2010).
- 한국공학교육인증원(2013a), 2014년 평가용 KEC2005 인증평가 판정가이드.
- 한국공학교육인증원(2013b), 2014년 평가용 교육기관 자체평가보고서(KEC2005) 작성 양식.
- 한국공학교육인증원(2014a), 공학교육인증기준2015 (KEC2015).
- 한국공학교육인증원(2014b), 2015년 평가용 KEC2015 인증평가 판정가이드.
- 한국공학교육인증원(2014c), 2015년 평가용 교육기관 자체평가보고서(KEC2015) 작성 양식.
- 한국공학교육인증원(2014d), 컴퓨터.정보기술인증기준2015 (KCC2015).
- Winston, R.(1970), Managing the Development of Large Software Systems. Proc. of IEEE WESCON, 26 : 1-9.
- Martin, R. C.(2003), Agile Software Development: Principles, Patterns, and Practices. Prentice Hall.
- Lister, R. et al.(2006), Research Perspectives on the Objects-early Debate, Proc. of ITiCSE, 146-165.
- Johnson, R.A. et al.(2008), Object-first vs. Structuresfirst approaches to OO Programming Education: An Empirical Study, Proc. of the Allied Academies Int'l Conf., 15(2) : 244-248.
- Liew, C. W.(2005), Teaching Software Development Skills Early in the Curriculum Through Software Engineering, Proc. of the ITiCSE'05, 133-137.
- Ludi, S. et al.(2005), An Introductory Software Engineering Course that Facilitates Active Learning, Proc. of the SIGCSE'05, 302-396.