- Volume 14 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
An Auction-Based Dispatching Method for an Electronic Brokerage of Truckload Vehicles
- Lee, Jun Ho (Department of Industrial Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Kim, Kap Hwan (Department of Industrial Engineering, Pusan National University)
- Received : 2014.11.24
- Accepted : 2015.02.16
- Published : 2015.03.30
This study suggests an electronic brokerage system that has the capability of efficiently matching dispatching delivery tasks with trucks. In the brokerage system, individual truck drivers and shippers are allowed to participate in the dispatching process through the internet or wireless communication. An auction-based dispatching method for the electronic brokerage system is suggested. The basic rationale of the auction-based dispatching method-which is a distributed decision-making process-is discussed. The performance of the suggested algorithms is evaluated by a simulation study.
Auctions;Truck dispatching;Assignment problem;Brokerage
Grant : 스마트 물류
- Beilock, R., Shell, T. (1992) Brokerage and the potential for electronic marketing of produce transportation, Transportation Journal, 60-71.
- Bertsekas, D. P. (1981), A new algorithm for the assignment problem, Mathematical Programming, 21, 152-171. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01584237
- Bertsekas, D. P. (1988), The auction algorithm: a distributed relaxation method for the assignment problem, Annals of Operations Research, 14, 105-123. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02186476
- Bertsekas, D. P. (1990), The auction algorithm for assignment and other network flow problems: a tutorial, Interfaces, 20(4), 133-149. https://doi.org/10.1287/inte.20.4.133
- Carvalho, T. A. and Powell, W. B. (2000), A multiplier adjustment method for dynamic resource allocation problems, Transportation Science, 34(2), 150-164. https://doi.org/10.1287/trsc.18.104.22.16805
- Fischer, K., Muller, J. P., and Pischel, M. (1996), Cooperative transportation scheduling: an application domain for DAI, Journal of Applied Artificial Intelligence, Special Issue on Intelligence Agents, 10(1).
- Frantzeskakis, L. F. and Powell, W. B. (1990), A successive linear approximation procedure for stochastic, dynamic vehicle allocation problems, Transportation Science, 24(1), 40-57. https://doi.org/10.1287/trsc.24.1.40
- Gendreau, M., Guertin, F., Potvin, J.-Y., and Seguin, R. (2006), Neighborhood search heuristics for a dynamic dispatching problem with pick-ups and deliveries, Transportation Research Part C, 14, 157-174. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trc.2006.03.002
- Gendreau, M., Laporte, G., and Seguin, R. (1995), An exact algorithm for the vehicle-routing problem with stochastic demand and customers, Transportation Science, 29(2), 143-154. https://doi.org/10.1287/trsc.29.2.143
- Gendreau, M., Laporte, G., and Seguin, R. (1996a), Stochastic vehicle routing, European Journal of Operational Research, 88, 3-12. https://doi.org/10.1016/0377-2217(95)00050-X
- Gendreau, M., Laporte, G., and Seguin, R. (1996b), A tabu search heuristic for the vehicle routing problem with stochastic demands and customers, Operations Research, 44(3), 469-477. https://doi.org/10.1287/opre.44.3.469
- Gribkovskaia, I., Halskau, O., Laporte, G., and Vlcek, M. (2007), General solutions to the single vehicle routing problem with pickups and deliveries, European Journal of Operational Research, 180, 568-584. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2006.05.009
- Gronalt, M., Hartl, R. F, and Reimann, M. (2003), New savings based algorithms for time constrained pickup and delivery of full truckloads, European Journal of Operational Research, 151(3), 520-535. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0377-2217(02)00650-1
- Ha, H. G. and Kim, Y. J. (2003), A Strategy for Promoting On-line Brokering Service in Field of Logistics, The Korea Transport Institute.
- Ichoua, S., Gendreau, M., and Potvin, J.-Y. (2000), Diversion issues in real-time vehicle dispatching, Transportation Science, 34(4), 426-438. https://doi.org/10.1287/trsc.34.4.426.12325
- Imai, A., Nishimura, E., and Current, J. (2007), A Lagrangian relaxation-based heuristic for the vehicle routing with full container load, European Journal of Operational Research, 176(1), 87-105. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2005.06.044
- Kutanoglu, E. and Wu, S. D. (1999), On combinatorial auction and Lagrangean relaxation for distributed resource scheduling, IIE Transactions, 31, 813-826.
- Laporte, G. and Louveaux, F. V. (1993), The integer Lshaped method for stochastic integer programs with complete recourse, Operations Research Letters, 13, 133-142. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-6377(93)90002-X
- Madsen, O. B. G., Ravn, H. F., and Rygaard, J. M. (1995), A heuristic algorithm for a dial-a-ride problem with time windows, multiple capacities, and multiple objectives, Annals of Operations Research, 60, 193-208. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02031946
- Parragh, S. N., Doerner, K. F., and Hartl, R. F. (2008a), A survey on pickup and delivery problems. Part I: transportation between customers and depot, Journal fur Betriebswirtschaft, 58(1), 21-51. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11301-008-0033-7
- Parragh, S. N., Doerner, K. F., and Hartl, R. F. (2008b), A survey on pickup and delivery problems. Part II: transportation between pickup and delivery locations, Journal fur Betriebswirtschaft, 58(2), 81-117. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11301-008-0036-4
- Powell, W. B. (1996), A stochastic formulation of the dynamic assignment problem with an application to truckload motor carriers, Transportation Science, 30(3), 195-219. https://doi.org/10.1287/trsc.30.3.195
- Powell, W. B. and Carvalho, T. A. (1995), Dynamic fleet management as a logistics queueing network, Annals of Operations Research, 61, 165-188. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02098287
- Powell, W. B. and Gittoes, D. (1996), An approximate labeling algorithm for the dynamic assignment problem, in: L. Bianco, P. Toth, M. Bielli, Eds., Advanced Methods in Transportation Analysis (Springer, New York).
- Psaraftis, H. N. (1988), Dynamic vehicle routing problems, in: B. L. Golden and A. A. Assad Eds., Vehicle Routing: Methods and Studies (Elsevier Science).
- Psaraftis, H. N. (1995), Dynamic vehicle routing: status and prospective, Annals of Operations Research, 61, 143-164. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02098286
- Shen, Y., Potvin, J.-Y., Rousseau, J.-M., and Roy, S. (1995), A computer assistant for vehicle dispatching with learning capabilities, Annals of Operations Research, 61, 189-211. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02098288
- Wang, X. and Regan, A. C. (2002), Local truckload pickup and delivery with hard time windows constraints, Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, 36(2), 97-112. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0965-8564(00)00037-9
- Multi-objective approach for broker dominant supply-demand matching decision vol.20, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1080/09720502.2017.1358887