- Volume 52 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Influence of Molten KNO3 Flow Conditions on Mechanical Properties during Fabrication of Chemically-Toughened Glass
- Kim, Dong-Hwan (Korea Institute of Ceramic Engineering & Technology (KICET)) ;
- Maeng, Jee-Hun (Korea Institute of Ceramic Engineering & Technology (KICET)) ;
- Kim, Dami (Korea Institute of Ceramic Engineering & Technology (KICET)) ;
- Choi, Sung-Churl (Division of Materials Science and Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Kim, Hyeong-Jun (Korea Institute of Ceramic Engineering & Technology (KICET))
- Published : 2015.03.31
In this study, we examined the influence of molten
Ion exchange;Chemically-strengthened glass melt flow;Deviation;Soda lime silicate glass
- M. E. Nordberg, Ellen L. Mochel, Harmon M. Garfinkel, and Joseph S. Olcott, "Strengthening by Ion Exchange," J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 47 215-19 (1964). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1151-2916.1964.tb14399.x
- A. J. Burggraaf, "The Mechanical Strength of Alkali-Aluminosilicate Glasses after Ion Exchange," Technical University, Eindhoven , 1965.
- L. J. Shelestak, G. B. Goodwin, A. Mishra, A. Park, and J. M. Baldau, "Lithia-alumina-silica Containing Glass Compositions and Glasses Suitable for Chemical Tempering and Articles Made Using the Chemically Tempered Glass," US patent-20050090377 (2005).
- R. Gy, "Ion Exchange for Glass Strengthening," Mat. Sci and Eng. B, 149 159-65 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mseb.2007.11.029
- A. E. Saunders and R. E. Kubichan, "Strengthening Glass by Multiple Alkali Ion Exchange," US-Patent-4119760 (1978).
- A. K. Varshneya and I. M. Spinelli, "High-strength, Largecase-depth Chemically Strengthened Lithium Aluminosilicate Glass," Am. Ceram. Soc. Bull., 88 27-33 (2009).
- J. H. Maeng, D. H. Kim, S. M. Park, and H. Y. Kim, "The Effect of Chemical Treatment on the Strength and Transmittance of Soda-lime Cover Glass for Mobile," Int. J. Precis. Eng. Manuf., 15 1779-83 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12541-014-0529-0
- A. K. Varshneya, "Fundamentals of Inorganic Glasses," pp. 446-48, Academic Press, Inc., London, 1993.
- M. B. Abrams, D. J. Green, and S. J. Glass, "Fracture Behavior of Engineered Stress Profile Soda Lime Silicate Glass," J. Non-Cryst. Solids, 321 10-9 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-3093(03)00021-8