- Volume 52 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Preparation Method of Geopolymeric Concrete using Specifically Modified Silicate and Inorganic Binding Materials and Its Compressive Strength Characteristics
- Kim, Jong Young (YOUNG IL CHEMICAL CO., LTD.)
- Received : 2015.02.10
- Accepted : 2015.03.12
- Published : 2015.03.31
Recently, research on geopolymeric concrete that does not use cement as a binder has been actively investigated. Geopolymeric concrete is cement-free concrete. Masato, ocher and/or soil has been solidified into geopolymeric concrete by the reaction of specifically modified silicate as an alkali activator and inorganic binding materials such as blast furnace slag, fly ash or meta-kaolin, which is cured at room temperature to exhibit high compressive strengths. Based on the results, this study shows how geopolymeric concrete that uses specifically modified silicate and inorganic binding materials is implemented as eco-cement with no cement.
Geopolymeric concrete;Blast furnace slag;Fly ash;Meta kaolin;Specifically modified silicate;Water glass
Supported by : YOUNG IL CHEMICAL CO., LTD.
- J. Davidovits, D. Comrie, and J. Paterson, "Geopolymeric Concretes for Environmental Protection," Concr, Int., 12 30-9 (1990)
- W. Y. Lee, "The Improvement of Compressive Strength of Non-sintered Cement Mortar Alkali," J. Kor. Insti. Architectural, 10 670-77 (2006).
- J. Temuujin, R. P. Williams, and A. van Riessen, "Effect of Mechanical Activation of Fly Ash on the Properties of Geopolymer Cured at Ambient Temperature," J. Mater. Proc. Technol., 8 48-56 (2009).
- A. Palomo, "Alkali-activated Fly Ashes, a Cement for the Future," Cem. Concr. Res., 29 1323-29 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0008-8846(98)00243-9
- F. Paertas and A. Fernandez-Jimenez, "Mineralogical and Microstructural Characterisation of Alkali-activated Fly Ash/slag Pastes," Cement & Concrete Composites, 25 85-91 (2003).
- K. Ikeda, "Consolidation of Mineral Powders by the Geopolymer Binder Technique for Materials Use," Shigen-to-Sozai, 114 497-500 (1998). https://doi.org/10.2473/shigentosozai.114.497
- P. Bankowski, L. Zou, and R. Hodges "Reduction of Metal Leaching in Brown Coal Fly Ash Using Goepolymer," J. Hazard. Mater., 114 59-67 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2004.06.034
- Y. Khalil and E. Merz " Immobilization of Intermedatelevel Waste in Geopolymers," J. Nucle. Mater., 211 141-48 (1994). https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3115(94)90364-6
- M. Minnarikova and F. Skvara "Fixztion of Heavy Metals in Geopolymeric Materials Based on Brown Coal Fly Ash," J. Nucle. Mater., 50 200-07 (2006).