- Volume 52 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Bloating Mechanism for Artificial Light Weight Aggregate of Surface Modification with Coal ash
- Lee, Ki Gang (Department of Advanced Materials Science and Engineering, Kyonggi University)
- Received : 2014.12.03
- Accepted : 2015.02.02
- Published : 2015.03.31
We manufacture artificial lightweight aggregates (ALWAs) using bottom-ash as the primary raw material. We coat the ALWA surfaces with low-melting point materials in order to enable them to bloat, which is essential to reduce the bulk density of the aggregate. Then, we sinter the prepared aggregates at 1000, 1100, and
Lightweight aggregate;Bottom-ash;Bloating;Direct firing;Two-step firing
Supported by : Kyonggi University
- K. G. Lee, "Bloating Mechanism for Coal Ash with Iron Oxide," J. Korean Assoc. Cryst. Growth. Technol., 24 77-83 (2014). https://doi.org/10.6111/JKCGCT.2014.24.2.077
- S. H. Kang, K. G. Lee, Y. T. Kim, and S. G. Kang, "Effects of Chemicophysical Properties of Carbon on Bloating Characteristics of Artificial Lightweight Aggregates Using Coal Ash," Adv. in Sinter. Sci. Technol. II, 232 35-42 (2011).
C.-C. Tsai, K.-S. Wang, and I.-J. Chiou, "Effect of
$SiO_2$- $Al_2O_3$-Flux Ratio Change on the Bloating Characteristics of Lightweight Aggregate Material Produced from Recycled Sewage Sludge," J. Hazard. Mater, 134 [1-3] 87-93 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2005.10.035
- S. H. Kang and K. G. Lee, "Bloating Mechanism of Artificial Lightweight Aggregate for Recycling the Waste Glass(in Korean)," J. Korean Ceram. Soc., 47  445-49 (2010). https://doi.org/10.4191/KCERS.2010.47.5.445
- S. J. Lee and T. Y. Lee, "Field Tests for the Application of Bottom-ash and Shred Tire as Fill Materials," J. Korean Geo-Environ. Soc., 14  29-37 (2013).
- K. D. Kim, J. H. Kim, Y. T. Kim, S. G. Kang, and K. G. Lee "Production of Lightweight Aggregates Using Power Plant Reclaimed Ash(in Korean)," J. Korean Ceram. Soc., 47  583-89 (2010). https://doi.org/10.4191/KCERS.2010.47.6.583
- C. M. Riley, "Relation of Chemical Properties to the Bloating of Clay," J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 34  121-28 (1951). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1151-2916.1951.tb11619.x
- P. S. Nicholson, "Kinetics of Oxidation of Natural Organic Materials in Clays," J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 53  154-58 (1970). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1151-2916.1970.tb12058.x
- V. A. Abdakhimov and E. C. Abdrakhimova, "Formation of the Black Core in High-speed Firing of Floor Tiles," Glass Ceram., 56 [7-8] 263-65 (1996).
- W. E. Brownell, "Black Coring in Structural Clay Products," J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 40  179-87 (1957). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1151-2916.1957.tb12600.x
- M. A. Kang, S. G. Kang, K. G. Lee, and Y. T. Kim, "Fabrication of Artificial Light-weight Aggregates of Uniform Bloating Properties Using a Temperature-raising Sintering Method(in Korean)," J. Korean Ceram. Soc., 49  161-66 (2012). https://doi.org/10.4191/kcers.2012.49.2.161
- D. S. Kim, C. K. Lee, and J. H. Park, "Sintering Properties of Artificial Lightweight Aggregate Prepared from Coal Ash and Limestone(in Korean)," J. Korean Ceram. Soc., 39  259-64 (2002). https://doi.org/10.4191/KCERS.2002.39.3.259
- Manufacturing of Light Weight Aggregates from the Local Waste Materials for Application in the Building Concrete vol.904, pp.1662-9752, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/MSF.904.174