- Volume 11 Issue 1
A Knowledge Representation Scheme Formalizing Spatio-Temporal Aspects of Dynamic Situations in Virtual Environments
DOI QR Code
Gebre, Haymanot Alalo;Choi, Jun Seong;Park, Jong Hee
- 투고 : 2014.10.06
- 심사 : 2014.12.19
- 발행 : 2015.03.28
A simulated realistic virtual environment is inhabited by autonomous cyber-humans who play the roles of agents in events. A key element, which enables this realism, is the historical context formed by time and space. A knowledge-representation scheme, composed of both spatial and temporal aspects needed by the agent to respond to dynamically changing situations, is essential for the design of a realistic virtual agent. In this work, spatial and temporal aspects of dynamic situations in the virtual environment have been formalized as a key component of our knowledge-representation scheme. This scheme provides a mathematical framework to construct realistic virtual situations that change with time, and background knowledge for agents in the simulated environment to deduce new pieces of information and plan against changing situations.
Virtual Environment;Cyber-humans;Historical Context;Spatio-temporal Aspects and Dynamic Situations
- J. Choi and J. Park, "Design and implementation of a graphic user interface with a logical zooming for retrieval of object-oriented databases," J. of IEIE, vol. 32, no. 1, Jan. 1995, pp. 1-10.
- N. Hiralla, et al, "A Temporal model for interactive multimedia scenarios," IEEE Multimedia, vol.2, no. 3, 1995, pp. 24-31.
- J. Park, Knowledge for constructing cyber-microcosm, Tech. Report, AIMM lab, Kyungpook National University, 1999.
- M. Wooldridge, Reasoning about Rational Agents, MIT Press, 2000.
- T. Finin, KQML as an agent communication language, University of Maryland Baltimore County, 1995.
- R. Matias, "Spatial On-Line Analytical Processing (SOLAP): A Tool to analyze the emission of pollutants in industrial installations," IEEE, Artificial intelligence, 2005.
- J. Park, An Augmented model of behavioral occurrence, Tech. Report, AIMM lab., KNU, 2009.
- K. Jung, "An Ontology-based object recognition technique in Cyber-world," Journal of Korea Contents Association, vol. 9, no. 4. 2007, pp. 45-54.
- M. Egenhofer and R. Franzosa, "Point-set Topological spatial Relations," Int. Journal for Geographical Information Systems, vol. 5, no. 2, 1991, pp. 161-174. https://doi.org/10.1080/02693799108927841
- Reiter, Knowledge in Action: Logical Foundations for Specifying and Implementing Dynamical Systems, The MIT Press, 2001.
- R. Kowalski and M. Sergot, "A Logic-based Calculus of Events, in New Generation Computing," vol. 4, no. 1, Feb. 1986, pp. 67-95. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03037383
- Van Belleghem, Marc Denecker, Danny De Schreye, Combining Situation Calculus and Event Calculus, Kluwer Academic Publishers Higham, 1995.
- G. Jung and J. Park, "Implementation of Spatio-Temporal Graph to represent situations in the virtual world," Waset, Zurich, Swiss, 2013.
- J. Park and T. Kim, "Representation of physical phenomena and spatial relations in Virtual Reality," J. of Korea Contents Association, vol. 12, no. 6, Jun. 2012, pp. 21-31.
- J. Park, Modelling the natural events in spatio-temporal context, Tech. Report, AIMM Lab., KNU, 2004.
- Y. Lim and J. Park, "Spatial Relations between Physical Objects with Property of Container in Virtual Environment," Int. Journal of Information Technology, vol. 12, no.4, 2006.
- Se Jin Ji, A knowledge model for simulating Human-like behavior of virtual inhabitant, Kyungpook National Univ., Ph.D dissertation, 2007.
- JF Allen, "Maintaining knowledge about temporal intervals," communication of the ACM, vol. 26, no. 11, 1983, pp. 832-843. https://doi.org/10.1145/182.358434
- F. van Harmelen, V. Lifschitz, and B. Porter, Handbook of Knowledge Representation, Elsevier B.Y., 2008.
- TG Kelly, Modelling Complex Systems in the Situation Calculus, University of Toronto, 1998.
- D. Poole and A. Mackworth, Artificial Intelligence: Foundations of Computational Agents, Cambridge University Press, 2010.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : Kyungpook National University