- Volume 26 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
NIC-Based Non-Foster Impedance Matching of a Resistively Loaded Vee Dipole Antenna
네거티브 임피던스 변환기에 기반을 둔 저항성 V 다이폴 안테나의 논 포스터 임피던스 매칭
Yang, Hyemin;Kim, Kangwook
- Received : 2015.02.02
- Accepted : 2015.07.10
- Published : 2015.07.30
Negative impedance converter(NIC)-based non-Foster impedance matching is proposed for an electrically small antenna. The antenna considered in this work is a resistively loaded vee dipole(RVD) antenna, which has considerable reflection at the feed point because of its large negative input reactance. The non-Foster matching circuit built near the feed point consists of two-stage NIC circuit and a capacitor connected between the stages. The NIC is realized by using operational amplifiers(op-amps) and resistors. The circuit is designed by considering of the input impedance according to the finite open-loop gain of the practical NICs. The stability test of the impedance-matched RVD antenna is performed. The non- Foster matching circuit is implemented with the RVD antenna. The measured impedance demonstrates that the proposed non-Foster matching circuit effectively reduces the input reactance of the RVD antenna.
Non-Foster Impedance Matching;Negative Impedance Converter;Resistively Loaded Vee Dipole Antenna;Impedance Matching
- R. C. Hansen, R. E. Collin, Small Antenna Handbook, 1st ed. Hoboken, NJ, USA: Wiley, 2011.
- F. G. Foster, "On the stochastic matrics associated with certain queueing processes", Ann. Mathematical Statistics, vol. 24, pp. 355-360, 1953. https://doi.org/10.1214/aoms/1177728976
- S. E. Sussman-Fort, R. M. Rudish, "Non-Foster impedance matching of electrically-small antennas", IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagation, vol. 57, no. 8, pp. 2230-2241, Aug. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2009.2024494
- K. Kim, W. R. Scott, "Design and realization of a discretely loaded resistive vee dipole for ground-penetrating radars", Radio Science, vol. 39, pp. 1-9, Jul. 2004.
- A. De Marcellis, G. Ferri, and V. Stornelli, "NIC-based capacitance multipliers for low-frequency integrated active filter applications", IEEE Proc. PRIME '07, pp. 225-228, Jul. 2007.
- A. S. Smith, K. C. Smith, Microelectronic Circuits, 3rd ed., Saunders College Publishing, pp. 73-80, 1990.
- K. Kim, W. R. Scott, "Design of a resistively loaded vee dipole for ultra wide-band ground-penetrating radar applications", IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., vol. 53, pp. 2525-2532, Aug. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2005.852292
- N. Boutin, "Synthesis of dual-feedback ideal op-amp oscillator circuits", Electron. Letters, vol. 18, p. 579, Jun. 1982.
- R. Senani, "On equivalent forms of single op-amp sinusoidal RC oscillators", IEEE Trans. Circuits and Systems I, vol. 41, no. 10, pp. 617-624, Oct. 1994. https://doi.org/10.1109/81.329722
- H. Martinez-Garcia, A. Grau-Saldes, Y. Bolea-Monte, and J. Gamiz-Caro, "On discussion on Barkhausen and Nyquist stability criteria", Analog Integr. Circuits Signal Process, vol. 70, no. 3, pp. 443-449, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10470-011-9730-6
- A. Elfragni, R. Moussounda, and R. G. Rojas, "Timedomain stability analysis/design of negative impedance inverters and converters", IEEE MTT-S Int. Micro. Symp. Digest, pp. 1-4, Jun. 2013.
- Balun Transformers, TDK ATB series, Jul. 2013.
- THS4304 Wideband operational amplifier, datasheet, Texas Instruments Inc., 2004.
- Texas Instruments, "Effect of parasitic capacitance in op amp circuits", Texas Instruments Application Report, Feb. 1999.
- Signal-to-noise Ratio Improvement of a FM Antenna Using a Non-Foster Circuit vol.65, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2016.65.2.329
Grant : 도로교통시설물의 내부결함을 검출하기 위한 이동형 비접촉 고정밀 투과영상 탐지시스템 개발
Supported by : 정보통신기술연구진흥센터