- Volume 26 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Design of a Predistorter with Multiple Coefficient Sets for the Millimeter-Wave Power Amplifier and Nonlinearity Elimination Performance Evaluation
다중계수 방식을 적용한 밀리미터파 대역용 전력증폭기의 사전왜곡기 설계 및 비선형성 보상 성능 평가
- Received : 2015.07.24
- Accepted : 2015.08.31
- Published : 2015.08.31
Recently, mobile communication systems using the millimeter-wave frequency band have been proposed, and the importance of efficient compensation of the nonlinearity caused by 60 GHz high-power amplifiers(HPAs) is increasing. In this paper, we propose a predistorter structure based on multiple coefficient sets which are separately used to different ranges of input power values. These ranges correspond to varying levels of nonlinearity characteristics. The structure is applied to the 60 GHz HPA FMM5715X and the performance of correcting the nonlinearity of LTE signals is evaluated. Evaluation results using a hardware testbed demonstrate that the proposed predistorter structure achieves the maximum of 6 dB gain over the conventional method in terms of the adjacent channel leakage ratio(ACLR).
- J. Wells, "Faster than fiber: The future of multi-Gb/s wireless", IEEE Microwave Mag., vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 104- 112, May 2009.
- S. G Glisic, Advanced Wireless Communications, 4G Technologies, Wiley, 2004.
- N. Guo, R. C. Qiu, S. Mo, and K. Takahashi, "60-GHz millimeter-wave radio: Principle, technology, and new results", EURASIP J. Wireless Commun. and Networking, vol. 2007, no. 1, pp. 48-48, Jan. 2007.
- D. Lockie, D. Peck, "High-data-rate millimeter- wave radios", IEEE Microwave Mag., vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 75-83, Aug. 2009.
- A. A. M. Saleh, "Frequency-independent and frequencydependent nonlinear models of TWT amplifier", IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 29, no. 11, pp. 1715-1720, Nov. 1981. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOM.1981.1094911
- C. Rapp, "Effects of HPA-nonlinearity on a 4-DPSK/ OFDM-signal for a digital sound broad- casting signal", in Proc. ECSC-2, vol. 1, pp. 179-184, Oct. 1991.
- P. B. Kenington, "Linearized transmitters: An enabling technology for software defined radio", IEEE Comm. Magazine, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 156-162, Feb. 2002.
- A. S. Wright, W. G. Durtler, "Experimental performance of an adaptive digital linearized power amplifier", IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 395-400, Nov. 1992. https://doi.org/10.1109/25.182589
- M. Ghaderi, S. Kumar, and D. E. Dodds, "Fast adaptive polynomial I and Q predistorter with global optimization", IEE Proc. Commun., vol. 143, no. 2, pp. 78-86, Apr. 1996. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-com:19960237
- J. Kim, P. Roblin, X. Yang, and D. Chaillot, "A new architecture for frequency selective digital predistortion linearization for RF power amplifiers", IEEE MTT-S Int. Microw. Symp. Dig., Jun. 2012.
- C. Quindroit, N. Naraharisetti, P. Roblin, S. Gheitanchi, V. Mauer, and M. Fitton, "Concurrent dual-band digital predistortion for power amplifier based on orthogonal polynomials", IEEE MTT-S Int. Microw. Symp. Dig., 2013.
- C. Eun, E. J. Powers, "A new Volterra predistorter based on the indirect learning architecture", IEEE Trans. Signals Process, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 223-227, Jan. 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/78.552219
- A. Zhu, J. C. Pedro, and T. J. Brazil, "Dynamic deviation reduction based Volterra behavioral modeling of RF power amplifiers", IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., vol. 54, no. 12, pp. 4323-4332, Dec. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMTT.2006.883243
- J. Kim, "Digital predistortion of wideband signal base on power amplifier model with memory", Electron. Lett., vol. 37, pp. 1417-1418, Nov. 2001. https://doi.org/10.1049/el:20010940
- M. Rawat, F. M. Ghannouchi, and K. Rawat, "Threelayered biased memory polynomial for dynamic modeling and predistortion of transmitters with memory", IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. I, Reg. Papers, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 768-777, Mar. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSI.2012.2215740
- M. Sun, Q. Song, B. Li, L. Zhao, and C. Zhao, "Nonlinear estimation for 60 GHz millimeter-wave radar system based on Bayesian particle filtering", EURASIP J. Wireless Commun. and Networking, vol. 2013, no. 1, pp. 1-9, Feb. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1186/1687-1499-2013-1
- B. Widrow, J. McCool, and M. Ball, "The complex LMS algorithm", IEEE Proceedings, vol. 63, pp 719- 720, Apr. 1975. https://doi.org/10.1109/PROC.1975.9807
Supported by : 미래창조과학부, 한국연구재단