- Volume 26 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Study on Accurate Angle Estimation of Multiple Targets for Digital Beam Forming Automotive Radar
DBF 차량용 레이더를 위한 다중 표적의 정확한 각도 추정 연구
Lee, Seong-Hyeon;Choi, In-Oh;Kim, Kyung-Tae
- Received : 2015.07.02
- Accepted : 2015.09.11
- Published : 2015.09.30
In order to satisfy several conditions with respect to size, weight, and costs, automotive radars use an antenna consisting of a small number of receiving channels. If RELAX technique is applied to the automotive radars, angles of targets located in antenna beam can be estimated as well as the number of the targets. However, a small number of receiving channels in the antenna leads to inaccurate spectral estimation in angle domain, which in turn degrades performance of RELAX technique. Therefore, in this study, root-MUSIC technique coupled with MDL criterion is introduced to decide accurate angles of targets in antenna beam. In simulations, we show superior performance of proposed scheme using simulation results when three point targets are located in antenna beam.
Angle Estimation;Spectral Estimation;Automotive Radar
- H. Rohling, C. Moller, "Radar waveform for automotive radar systems and applications", Radar Conference 2008, pp. 1-4, May, 2008.
- S. M. Sherman, Monopulse Principles Andtechniques, Dedham, MA: Artech House, 1994.
- J. Li, P. Stoica, "Efficient mixed-spectrum estimation with applications to target feature extraction", IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 44, no. 2, 1996.
- A. Vesa, "Direction of arrival estimation using MUSIC and root-MUSIC algorithm", In Proc., 18th Telecommunications Forum TELFOR 2010, pp. 582-585, Nov, 2010.
- P. Stoica, R. Moses, Introduction to Spectral Analysis, Prentice Hall, Inc., New Jersey 07458.
- 조희진, 최각규, 한승구, 김경태, 송성찬, "RELAX 기법을 이용한 미사일의 길이 추정 신호 처리 기법 연구", 한국전자파학회논문집, 24(3), pp. 292-298, 2013.
- M. Wax, I. Ziskind, "Detection of the number of coherent signals by the MDL principle", IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, vol. 37, no. 8, pp. 1190-1196, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1109/29.31267
- M. Soumekh, Synthetic Aperture Radar Signal Processing with MALAB, John Wiley & Sons, 1999.