- Volume 26 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Design and Fabrication of a Dual-Band Bandpass Filter Using a Dual-Mode Ring Resonator with Two Short-Circuited Stubs for WLAN Application
두 단락 스터브를 갖는 이중 모드 링 공진기를 이용한 WLAN용 이중대역 대역통과 여파기의 설계 및 제작
- Received : 2015.07.20
- Accepted : 2015.09.03
- Published : 2015.09.30
In this paper, A high selective dual-band bandpass filter was proposed using a dual-mode ring resonator with two short-circuited stubs. For dual-mode resonance, the ring resonator is directly connected with non-orthogonal feed-lines via coupling capacitors. Two short-circuited stubs which are unequal lengths are simultaneously placed at two corners along the two symmetry plane of the ring resonator in order to obtain dual-band responses. Because the feeding angle perturbated ring resonator of the proposed dual-band bandpass filter has the symmetrical structure, Even/Odd mode analysis can be well applied to extract the scattering parameters and transmission zero frequencies. The proposed dual-band bandpass filter was designed and fabricated for WLAN(Wireless Local Area Network) application of IEEE 802.11n standard. The measured results showed a good agreement with the simulation results, and it should be well applied not only for WLAN applications but also for any other communication systems.
Dual-Band Bandpass Filter;Dual-Mode Ring Resonator;Short-Circuited Stub;Transmission Zero
- J. Ryynanen, K. Kivekas, J. Jussila, A. Parssinen, and K. A. I. Halonen, "A dual-band RF front-end for WCDMA and GSM applications", IEEE Solid-State Circuits, 36, 1198-1204, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/4.938370
- H. Miyake, S. Kitazawa, T. Ishizaki, T. Yamada, and Y. Nagatow, "A miniaturized monolithic dual band filter using ceramic lamination technique for dual mode portable telephones", IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, pp. 789-792, 1997.
- Jian-Xin Chen, Tsz Yin Yum, Jia-Lin Li, and Quan Xue, "Dual-mode dual-band bandpass filter using stacked-loop structure", IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 502-504, Sep. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/LMWC.2006.880705
- E. E. Djoumessi, K. Wu, "Multilayer dual-mode dualbandpass filter", IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 21-23, Jan. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/LMWC.2008.2008552
- Chang-Sin Ye, Min-Kuin Su, Min-Hang Weng, and Ru- Yuan Yang, "Design of a high selectivity dual-band bandpass filter with stepped impedance resonator", IEEE Proceedings of the 39th European Microwave Conference, pp. 311-313, 2009.
- Yu-Chi Chang, Chia-Hsiung Kao, Min-Hang Weng, and Ru-Yuan Yang, "Design of the compact dual-band bandpass filter with high isolation for GPS/WLAN applications", IEEE Microwave and Wireless Component Letters, vol. 19, no. 12, pp. 780-782, Dec. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/LMWC.2009.2033499
- Atallah Balalem, Jan Machac, and Abbas Omar, "Dualband bandpass filter by using square-loop dual-mode resonator", Microwave Optical Technology Letters, vol. 50, no. 6, pp. 1567-1570, Jun. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.23427
- Tsung-Hui Huang, Han-Jan Chen, Chin-Sheng Chang, Lih- Shan Chen, Yeong-Her Wang, and Mau-Phon Houng, "A novel compact ring dual-mode filter with adjustable second- passband for dual-band applications", IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 360-362, Jun. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/LMWC.2006.875607
- Sha Luo, Lei Zhu, and Sheng Sun, "A dual-mode dualband bandpass filter using a single ring resonator", IEEE Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference, pp. 921-924, 2009.
- M. Makimoto, S. Yamashita, Microwave Resonators and Filters for Wireless Communication, Springer.
- K. Chang, L. H. Hsieh, Microwave Ring Circuits and Related Structures, Wiley, New York, 2004.
- Arun Chandra Kundu, Ikuo Awai, "Control of attenuation pole frequency of a dual-mode microstrip ring resonator bandpass filter", IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 1113- 1117, Jun. 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/22.925499
- Wu Seong Lee, Gi Moon Lee, Byung Chang Choi, Ha Chul Kim, and Hyun Chul Choi, "A band-stop RF switch using a dual-mode stepped-impedance microstrip ring resonator", IEEE Proceedings of the 40th European Microwave Conference, pp. 316-319, 2010.