- Volume 26 Issue 10
UAS(Unmanned Aircraft System) has been used a lot in military applications but recently its usage is expanding to commercial applications due to its recent technical development and its market is expected to grow rapidly in the future. In hyper-connectivity society, especially UAS would play major role as an one of potential infrastructures for the architecture of the next 5G system. The ultimate goal is the successful integration of UAS in NAS(National Airspace System) relies heavily on ensuring reliable spectrum for the robust CNPC(Command and Non-Payload Communication) links as well as payload links for other various applications in the upcoming hyper-connectivity era. In this paper, we have focused on the analysis of the existing frequencies for UAS radio-control and the current issues for CNPC and payload frequencies, and proposed future efficient utilization policy for UAS in the hyper-connectivity society.
- Market Profile and Forecast, "World unmanned aerial vehicle systems", Teal Group, 2014.
- 김희욱, 강군석, 장대익, 안재영, "무인기 제어용 무선 통신 기술 및 표준화 동향", ETRI 전자통신동향분석, 30(3), pp.74-83, 2015년 6월.
- METIS, Updated scenarios, requirements and KPIs for 5G mobile and wireless system with recommendations for future investigations, ICT-317669-METIS/D1.5, 2015.
- Final Report from European RPAS Steering Group, Roadmap for the integration of civil Remotely-Piloted Aircraft Systems into the European Aviation Systems, June 2013.
- FAA, Integration of Civil Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) in the National Airspace System(NAS) Roadmap, First Edition-2013, Nov. 2013.
- T. Simonite, "Air traffic control for drones", MIT Technology Review, Oct. 2014.
- P. E. Ross, "When will we have unmanned commercial airliners?", IEEE Spectrum, November 2011.
- 김인규, "무인항공시스템(UAS) 가시선 통신용 주파수 표준화 동향", TTA 기술표준 이슈, 2011년 7월.
- J. A. Kakar, "UAV communications: Spectral requirements, MAV and SUAV channel modeling, OFDM waveform parameters, performance and spectrum management", Master of Science in Electrical Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institue and State University, May 2015.
- 일본 총무성, 정보통신 심의회 정보통신기술분과회 소전력무선시스템위원회 보고서, 2000년 3월.
- R. J, Kerczewski, J. D. Wilson, "Frequency spectrum for integration of unmanned aircraft", 32nd Digital Avionics Systems Conference 6-10, 2013.
- ITU-R Report M.2171, Characteristics of unmanned aircraft systems and spectrum requirements to support their safe operation in non-segregated airspace, Dec. 2009.
- ITU-R Report M.2205, Results of studies of the AM (R)S allocation in the band 960-1164 MHz and of the AMS(R)S allocation in the band 5030-5091 MHz tp support control and non-payload communication links for unmanned aircraft system, Nov. 2010.
- ITU-R Report M.2233, Example of technical characteristics for unmanned aircraft control and non-payload communication links, Nov. 2011.
- 미래창조과학부 보도자료, 2015년 6월.
- 강영흥, 이대영, 박덕규, "3-4 GHz 대 주파수 공동 사용을 위한 스펙트럼 액세스 모델 제안", 한국전자파학회논문지, 25(8), pp. 821-827. 2014년 8월.
- Y. Saleem, M. H. Rehmani, and S. Zeadally, "Integration of cognitive radio technology with unmanned aerial vehicles: Issues, opportunities, and future challenges", Journal of Network and Computer Applications, pp. 15-31, 2015.
Supported by : 정보통신기술진흥센터