- Volume 26 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
PAPR Evaluation and Analysis of Candidate Waveforms Using DFT Spreading for 5G Mobile Communications
DFT Spreading을 사용한 5세대 이동통신 후보 변조기술의 PAPR 평가 및 분석
- Received : 2015.10.22
- Accepted : 2015.12.14
- Published : 2015.12.31
UFMC(Universal-Filtered Multi-carrier) and FBMC(Filter Bank Multi-carrier) system are receiving attention as candidate waveforms for 5G mobile communication system. But, these systems have high PAPR(Peak to Average Power Ratio) problem because these systems use a number of subcarrier. In this paper, we propose DFT(Discrete Fourier Transform) spreading based DFT-s(spreading)-UFMC system and DFT-s-FBMC system in order to overcome the PAPR drawback. In order to evaluate PAPR performance of the proposed systems, we design and simulate OFDM(Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing), UFMC, FBMC, DFT-s-OFDM, DFT-s-UFMC, DFT-s-FBMC system. As simulation results, each PAPR performance of DFT-s-OFDM system, DFT-s-UFMC system, and DFT-s-FBMC system rise by 2.7 dB, 2.8 dB, and 1.1 dB respectively by DFT spreading technique.
- Shanzhi Chen, Jian Zhao, "The requirements, challenges, and technologies for 5G of terrestrial mobile telecommunication", Communications Magazine, IEEE, vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 36-43, May 2014.
- E. Dahlman, G. Mildh, S. Parkvall, J. Peisa, J. Sachs, Y. Selen, and J. Skold, "5G wireless access: requirements and realization", Communications Magazine, IEEE, vol. 52, no. 12, pp. 42-47, Dec. 2014.
- G. Wunder et al., "5GNOW: non-orthogonal, asynchronous waveforms for future mobile applications", IEEE Commun. Mag., vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 97-105, Feb. 2014.
- P. Banelli et al., "Modulation formats and waveforms for the physical layer of 5G wireless networks: Who will be the heir of OFDM?", in arXiv, pp. 1407.5947, Jul. 2014.
- F. Schaich, T. Wild, "Waveform contenders for 5G - OFDM vs. FBMC vs. UFMC", Communications, Control and Signal Processing(ISCCSP), 2014 6th International Symposium on, pp. 457-460, May 2014.
- V. Vakilian, T. Wild, F. Schaich, S. ten Brink and J. -F. Frigon, "Universal-filtered multi-carrier technique for wireless systems beyond LTE", in Globecom Workshops (GC Wkshps), 2013 IEEE, pp. 223-228, Dec. 2013.
- B. Farhang-Boroujeny, "OFDM versus filter bank multicarrier", in Signal Processing Magazine, IEEE, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 92-112, May 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/MSP.2011.940267
- Wonsuk Chung, Beomju Kim, Moonchang Choi, Hyungju Nam, Hyunkyu Yu, Sooyoung Choi and Daesik Hong, "Synchronization error in QAM-Based FBMC system", in Military Communications Conference(MIL-COM), 2014 IEEE, pp. 699-705, 6-8 Oct. 2014.
- Mithun Mukherjee, Lei Shu, Vikas Kumar, Prashant Kumar and Rakesh Matam, "Reduced out-of-band radiation-based filter optimization for UFMC systems in 5G", in Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference(IWCMC), 2015 International, pp. 1150-1155, 24-28 Aug. 2015.
- Z. S. Kollar, L. Varga and K. Czimer, "Clipping-based iterative PAPR-reduction techniques for FBMC", in OFDM 2012, 17th International OFDM Workshop 2012 (InOWo'12), Proceedings of , pp. 1-7, 29-30 Aug. 2012.
- M. Chafii, J. Palicot and R. Gribonval, "Closed-form approximations of the PAPR distribution for multicarrier modulation systems", in Signal Processing Conference(EUSIPCO), 2014 Proceedings of the 22nd European, pp. 1920-1924, 1-5 Sep. 2014.
- H. Mahmoud, T. Yucek and H. Arslan, "OFDM for cognitive radio: merits and challenges", in Wireless Communications, IEEE, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 6-15, Apr. 2009.
- Hyung G. Myung et al., "Peak-to-average power ratio of single carrier FDMA singles with pulse shaping", Proc. of 17th Int. Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications(PIMRC 2006), Helsinki(Finland), Sep. 2006.
Grant : 초연결 스마트 모바일 서비스를 위한 5G 이동통신 핵심 기술개발
Supported by : 한국연구재단, 정보통신기술진흥센터